In-cab Video Of Banking Operations On Msb

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lamplight, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

This video shows in cab footage of the banking operations on MSB. It‘s in German but there‘s just some text on screen anyway so don‘t let that hold you back. Thought this might be interesting for some of you; enjoy!;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good video. It’s a shame we can’t do that properly in TSW but it’s close enough I suppose. I would also like more tap changer action in TSW as there’s nothing I like more than going up one notch at a time in the 155.

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

4. Lamplight

Would be cool to have more accurate banking but what we have is the best possible right now and it‘s not terrible. May not be accurate but gives you a feeling for the real thing.

Absolutely agree! I‘d love some more old-fashioned German electric locos such as Br 111, Br 140, Br 150, Br 151, Br 103 etc. Maybe even a Br 194 ;).
    Bit of a shame that we only have ex-DR electric locos for older ones right now (Br 143, Br 155). Not trying to bash them or anything but I‘d like some old DB locos as well:).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I am hoping that they add a Class 151 as they seem to be quite regular considering the video.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lamplight

I fear it‘s unlikely we‘ll get them in the forseeable future as they‘re too similiar to the Br 155 (even in real life they‘re incredibly similiar; only significant difference is the Br 151 is MU capable). DTG aims to provide variety I recall them stating.
    That‘s unfortunate as they are (as you have correctly observed) the go to banking locomotive for the remaining tracks that need them in Germany. Another detrimental factor is that most (or all; I‘m not sure) of the Br 151 are now privatly owned as the need for banking locomotives is decreasing (MSB being a prime example for this as it‘s been rebuild to no longer need them).
    Despite all this it would be a great loco DLC. Maybe we‘ll get one someday if the upcoming V60 is anything to go by. Didn‘t expect a loco DLC for RSN to be released for TSW 2 so maybe there‘s hope for MSB.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There is one in the Roadmap :)

8. Lamplight

I know. As I said: Because of the V60 I‘m hoping we may see some further loco DLC for MSB in the future.

9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Near the end you see the tunnel mouths of the replacement route.