Incorrect Indication (blue Target Marker) Core-error-source!!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Railmaster, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Hy guys,

maybe this has already been mentioned but I now know why some services have errors and cannot be stopped etc.

In the settings you can choose whether the blue target marker is activated or not. If it is deactivated, a text display appears instead.
    So it happened again yesterday that the requirement was to switch off the lights. I did, but the requirement still appeared. It just didn't go on at this point. Then I turned on the blue marker and it pointed to all the switches that should be pressed. I had done this before, but it was only registered in connection with the marker!
    Apparently there is an error in the logic link within the program - if you have deactivated the blue marker! (I usually only switch this on from the outside and when maneuvering.)

I figured this out when I watched a video to make sure that I did everything right, but the difference was that the blue marker was just deactivated!
    So I could understand why there were so many problems with me and why I just couldn't get any further. In addition, there is an error between the two types of ads or the distance anyway. Often the distance of the blue marker is shown in the top left - but it measures the air line and not the distance! The distances of the blue marker are often incorrect, e.g. when maneuvering - sometimes the distance to the locomotive is measured, sometimes to the end of the train. So you can e.g. sometimes run over a bumper block ...

It has also often happened that e.g. turns on the headlights but sees no change. If you switch them on via the context menu (if there is an entry), they light up. So there are many small errors like this everywhere.

This explains many inconsistencies that have already caused a lot of frustration and are unnecessary if the code had been checked for plausibility before publication! Here DTG still has to improve and get better in the future!
    I can imagine that it is now very time-consuming to check every route / loc for such inconsistencies, no wonder that bug fixes take so long or appear at all. Something like this must be avoided in advance, afterwards it only costs time, money and nerves.

For those of you who didn't know yet - if you can't continue, turn on the blue marker and see if it works!

Have fun and have a good trip! :cool:

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The problem with distances is that they are always the distance from the player character and not the front (or rear if you are reversing) of the train (massive problem if you are reversing to a target) and they are always the straight line distance (as the crow flies) and never track distances. It’s programmed that way in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, it relates always to the players position. But this make sense! Its the absolute reference point. So far, so good... :)