Indonesian Railways Merak - Rangkasbitung

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VilnazZ_89, Jul 30, 2021.

1. VilnazZ_89

VilnazZ_89 Well-Known Member

Map of the route start from Merak to Rangkasbitung bandicam 2021-07-09 16-47-11-719.jpg
    Note :Red line is the main line, black line is frieght purpose only, and green line is a electric commuter train line.

This narrow gauge route (1067mm) consist of coastline from Merak to Krenceng, a three branching line near Krenceng station, ricefield around Cilegon-Walantaka and Catang-Rangkasbitung, hilly terrain around Walantaka-Catang, and ended up at Rangkasbitung station where Diesel train and EMU meets
    All of the passenger service is calling at all station from Merak to Rangkasbitung, and after reach the destination you should run the locomotive around the train before depart to the new destination or park the train next to the Rangkasbitung depot. And the freight service are the coil train from the steel factory to the Rangkasbitung, coal train from Cigading to Rangkasbitung, and a light engine for freight trains (all the freight service stops at Rangkasbitung and the train will continue the journey outside from the route). There is a two freight station but it's optional to added because the route is focus on the passenger service instead.

Locomotive that operating in this route :
    1. CC201 (GE U18C)
    IMG_20210218_081412.jpg
    The main workhorse for passenger service in this route, this locomotive is a one of the General Electric Universal series locomotive and the second most owned locomotive by Indonesian Railways.
    24150638572_23692fa23c_o (1).jpg The cabin itself pretty similar to some old American hood unit locomotive, but the difference is this locomotive have a double control system (I don't know what I should tell) it can go either in Longhood position or Shorthood position. This locomotive is used a speedodigital in metric measurement and autobrake for the train brake.

2. CC206 (GE CM20EMP) IMG_20210713_134250.jpg
    It's a new and most modern double cabin locomotive that Indonesian Railways had, and this locomotive mostly used for freight trains but occasionally used for executive and express train in Indonesia
    8428661_20160205092439.jpg
    The cabin is similar to modern American hood unit locomotive, and this locomotive own a bell on each units unlike the other Indonesian locomotive that rarely own a bell and different horn type from other Indonesian Locomotive.

That's all that I want to request, sorry for my bad english if my grammar looks bad

• Like Like x 2
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very like