Ingame Manual Links

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JonnE, Sep 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Especially for console users but I think for PC users as well it's a bit confusing that you have to leave the game or turn on another device if you want to read the manual of the route or loco your riding on.
    While playing on xbox I always find it distracting to take the smartphone out, google the route, open the manual of it's found on steam, zoom in that it's readable on the mini screen, look back to the TV, ... and so on.

So I would like to suggest to add links to those manuals ingame. The route could be added to the list in the main menu after entering the route and the loco manual could be added to the pause screen so that you could be able to look something up and try it out immediately.

A link to a saved PDF on a Dovetail Server would be enough I think, it wouldn't have to load ingame as you can easily switch between browser and game on console as well.

The principle worked quite well in Ghost Recon Wildlands for example, where the detailed player statistics were saved on a Ubisoft server and loaded via ingame link in a browser.

• Like Like x 2