Intelligent Dispatcher System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sophieclarke1983, May 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

My idea is for a upgrade to the tsw2 dispatcher system to mimic real life to take account of things like rerouting etc so we can enable true to life performance if for example trains are late

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes to this, plus a bit of randomisation.

Of course the counter argument is that this upsets achievements and the AP rubbish. Well fine, have a toggle button on/off for those of us who want to spice up the experience along with a red button to delete any trains that might eventually end up in a standoff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not necessarily... Achievements are generally related to "you completed this scenario" which wouldn't be affected or "you drove for this many miles in this train" which also wouldn't be affected.
    Not sure how it would affect the AP unless you were having to miss out station stops. You'd still get periodic "You're driving under the limit" for example...

My question would be how this "dispatcher" would work in general. I've always thought the idea would be to write a train control and signalling system rather than a stop based dispatcher, and that signalling should be basically independant of the trains but controlling their movements. How it would work in practice when delays cause conflicts is of course the issue because IRL the controllers themselves would take over and resolve conflicts whereas in game they would need to automate this too

4. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

This would definitely introduce a bit of liveliness and therefore also realism in the very static current driving experience.