Interactive Weather

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wivenswold, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Quick question if I may. I've read this on the forum and after a thorough go on the search function can't find it.

Am I right in thinking that by buying Clinchfield Railroad I will have better, changing weather in TSW2 on other routes?

I could have dreamt it.

2. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean by interactive? Like dynamic weather or in the sense that you have more weather options?

I can say though that owning CRR does not give you more weather options or dynamic weather that would apply to other routes. There is changing weather in at least one of the CRR scenarios though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

This is also true in Sand Patch Grade (unless they took it out in the upgrade to TSW2), LGV Med and Cathcart.

That's not a thing.

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is dynamic weather in some scenarios, but it's scripted for the scenario. Randomly changing weather in timetable mode is not yet a thing in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying Victoria to Brighton, it looks great....but....the weather/environment lighting is still just awful. I'm rather obsessed with weather and in the UK there's plenty of it. Clouds don't look like that, night lighting is totally broken, inside trains and outside. There should be a random weather pattern option that suits the season.
    If you travel in the UK even for half an hour the weather is unlikely to be the same throughout, subtle changes usually (wind speed/direction/ cirrus clouds ahead of an incoming storm system), sometimes suddenly in ways that test the driver, like thunderstorms, hail, blizzards, fog patches (common along the London to Brighton route).

Please DTG, your route building is excellent but weird night lighting and that high latitude thin sky look, just ruins it for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1