PlayStation Internal Cab Windscreen Reflections

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by photonmonkey, Apr 24, 2021.

1. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I will get straight to the point, is it me or have the internal cab windscreen reflections either been really toned down or gone completely! I have been driving a number of routes recently and have noticed it looks like there is no glass in the screen when in the cab. I am sure internal reflections were present previously.... or am I losing the plot!

2. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

On Arosa Linie reflections are there, even too much :D At dawn or sunset, they're quite annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  3. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

It might be me but was playing yesterday and in full sun I could not see any reflections on the cab windscreen and I just know in other games devs have removed these effects in the vain attempt to optimise the game. I just think it adds to the realism. I will re-check later, obviously not a massive issue even if they are not there ‘I could imagine a lot of people rolling their eyes at my post lol’ but just started to annoy me so now obsessed to see if they are still there, they are certainly still there in carriages and it might be the in game time of day I am playing :D

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I find when I’m looking down at the dashboard in the ICE there’s a big one that I’ve had to move camera to avoid.

The others I can’t honestly say that I’ve noticed them

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

On CRR, I was having trouble seeing the speedometer needle then the train went around a curve and I watched a light reflection slowly leave the face of it and cross the field of view and exiting stage right. It was a nice touch, and I only saw it that once so I think it has to do with the Sun's position/angle.