Iow(manual Switching?)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 7, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I still looking for some reason to buy IOW at full price but i'm not there yet.But manual switching is something i like,but i know IOW is almost fully automated when it comes to main line switching but when studying it's map i seen a few manul switching icons here and there,so can you use them to switch a train onto the siding?i also notice some redlights on those line will they change or are you stuck?

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

There's a few manual points at Ryde St John's Depot and you can shunt between the different lines in the depot without encountering a signal.

3. SHINO BAZ

Thank you,i also notice just slightly outside the sandown platform 1 there are 3 manual switches,any idea if that siding is useable,i notice there is also one redlight on the track that crosses over to this set of siding.

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

You can manually switch the points in that area, and have done so myself, whether you can get a train there is another question. It may be possible to reverse a train into it, but signals may prevent this. I'll have a go at doing this next time I'm on as it'll be interesting to see if it is possible.

5. SHINO BAZ

I recommend useing senario designer,so as your the only train on that route,i find sometime you don't always have redlights in normal redlight locations,not sure if it will work here or not.