Irish East Coast: Greystones-drogheda Macbride And Howth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HamioSamio098, Apr 3, 2021.

1. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

The Line
    This line stretches from Rosslare in the south to Belfast in the north. However, we will be focusing on the 54.74 mile section between Greystones and Drogheda Macbride and Howth, arguably the most important part of the line. This section contains both rural and suburban areas, as well as really nice views of the coast.

Stations
    Major stations are marked in Bold

Main route
    Drogheda MacBride
    Laytown
    Balbriggan
    Skerries
    Rush & Lusk
    Donabate
    Malahide
    Portmarnock
    Clongriffin
    Howth Junction and Donaghmede
    Kilbarrack
    Raheny
    Harmonstown
    Killester
    Clontarf Road
    Dublin Connolly
    Tara Street
    Dublin Pearse
    Grand Canal Dock

Lansdowne Road
    Sandymount
    Sydney Parade
    Booterstown
    Blackrock
    Seapoint
    Salthill & Monkstown
    Dún Laoghaire
    Sandycove & Glasthule
    Glenageary
    Dalkey
    Killiney
    Shankill
    Bray Daly
    Greystones

Howth Branch
    Howth Junction and Donaghmede
    Bayside
    Sutton
    Howth

Rolling Stock

3 trains will be featured on this route, those being: 8500 class (runs DART services between Malahide, Howth and Greystones), 22000 class (runs Intercity services) and 29000 class (runs Commuter and Enterprise, in case the Enterprise train breaks down)

Services
    Services on this line are quite diverse, so lets take a look...
    DART
    Howth-Bray Daly: all stops with 3tph (1tph extended to Greystones)
    Malahide-Bray Daly: all stops with 3tph (1tph extended to Greystones)

Commuter
    Dublin Connolly-Drogheda MacBride: Fast to Malahide then all stops with 1tph (1tpd stops at Howth Junction and Clongriffin and 2tpd stop at Portmarnock) [some peak trains are extended to Bray and Dublin Pearse]

Dublin Connolly-Gorey: all stops to Dún Laoghaire and fast to Bray, then all stops to Gorey with 1tpd [ends at Greystones]

Grand Canal Dock-Hazelhatch & Celbridge: all stops with 1tph [ends at Dublin Connolly]

Intercity
    Dublin Connolly-Rosslare Europort: Limited stops with 5tpd (2tpd northbound will stop at Blackrock, Lansdowne Road and Grand Canal Dock) [ends at Greystones]

Pictures
    [​IMG] Dublin Connolly

[​IMG] Dublin Pearse

[​IMG] Drogheda MacBride

[​IMG] 8500 Class

[​IMG] 29000 Class

[​IMG] 22000 Class

Final Words
    I feel this route would be a brilliant addition to TSW2, with its diverse range of services to the stunning stations of Dublin and the amazing coastal views when heading toward Greystones. Also, the Enterprise Train could be added as DLC for an extra 1tp2h between Dublin Connolly and Drogheda.

• Like Like x 4
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I don't really know much about Irish Railways, but, sounds interesting, with a nice variety of rolling stock, plus we have never had Irish content on TS (as far as I know) or TSW, and having looked it up the route looks really nice. I like this. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

I do have very very small knowledge about Irish Rail, but I do know a bit around Dublin. This would be a really good route to add because its another country and a very varying amount of services. They could also sell the 8100 Class as an additional DLC.

• Like Like x 2