Is Anyone Familiar With The Rostock Hbf - Schwerin Hbf Route?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Sep 11, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm thinking of making a suggestion on a route from Rostoch Hbf to Schwering Hbf. I'm doing this mainly because the Hanse-Express interests me, as does the BR 120, and I think there might even be a possibility of adding an IC loco (either the BR 120.1 or the 101 again) as standard, so the IC cab car can be DLC.

However, the timetable (that I can find from the Wikipedia articles of the station) seems really empty, is it like that in real life aswell?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 317666

317666 New Member

It is. The Hamburg - Rostock RE only runs two-hourly, with a Hamburg - Büchen short service on the opposite hour (which doesn't run on the Schwerin - Rostock section). There's a handful of ICE services which cover Schwerin - Rostock (and further towards Stralsund) each day over the summer months, which I believe are usually ICE-Ts.

If you take a look at the network map of regional trains for the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, you'll see that at certain points RE1 shares its route with other services, but only for fairly short distances. You can download it from DB's site here: https://www.bahn.de/service/fahrplaene/streckennetz

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. vanescott

vanescott New Member

Hmm I doubt that this whole thing is actually about the difference between freight and mixed trains. I believe is more like a schedule of regular trains. I have been told that this kind of schedule will help the train driver orientate when to depart the train. Sometimes, through this kind of schedule, it is even possible to know which train is superior at meeting and passing points. I don’t work at a train station but I accidentally learned about this through the guide on my tour on a train called die Deutshce Bahn. It was a nice trip actually. I have never travelled by train before and I was surprised at how pleasing it is to be able to enjoy the breeze from the windows while sitting and chatting with my friends ​

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  4. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member