1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Journey Mode Your Goto Way To Play The Game Now?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Sep 12, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

38.7%
  2. No

19.4%
  3. I mix it up a bit between Journey and Services/Timetable modes

41.9%
  1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Since Journey mode was introduced I tend to use it as a to do list and work my way through but for trophies I'm aware that some of the 'do x amount of services' don't count unless you run them from the timetable list. So I mainly use Journey with occasional services of my own thrown in or for a particular Youtube video I want to do.
    How about everyone else? Just wondered how popular Journey mode is with everyone?

2. L89

L89 Active Member

I now have committed to journey mode. Before, I would pick and choose something from the timetable mode. My aim is to finish journey mode chapters for each route. It feels like the mode for variety and a sense of experiencing most from the route. I've also experienced services that can have you wait at red for other trains to move tracks...something I rarely experienced when using timetable mode (maybe because it's only on a few services).

I know this is PlayStation but on Xbox, the achievement progress goes up when you complete services through journey mode. So I expect it's the same on PS4 (but you can't tell because trophies don't have progress tracking).

The only thing I dislike with journey mode is the 'continue journey' doesn't like it if you play them out of sequence. ECW focuses too much on the 377 for a while. This I think should have been split up into smaller chapters so the Class 66 can be used earlier (when doing them in order).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I haven't touched it, nor do I plan to. I find it to be just a gimmick.

4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

What I plan to do through out a game, is to plan what the follow up service is. There is a link somewhere on the community to a timetable with all the stopping times, previous services, connecting services and the next services for all routes. I use this instead of the Journey mode as I find it more realistic

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Member

I quite like the journey mode. The fact that the timetable has been curated for quick access to the more intriguing services is a nice thought I think, and I find it helps me to appreciate the nuances in the routes more.

What I find a little tiresome is how each locomotive has to be introduced. Its helpful being introduced to where everything is in the cab- that is needed for an unknown loco- but start it, run it coast it stop it, is a little boring as an introduction. The Tees Valley class 101 introduction had some more meat to it in that you actually go somewhere and have to manage a small section of route with a purpose. But do the loco intro across 6 chapters and it soon gets boring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Active Member

I‘m just using journey mode to get the trophies. I find not being able to choose weather conditions and the loco I want to use rather tiresome.