PlayStation Is Journey Mode Your Goto Way To Play The Game Now?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Sep 12, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

38.7%
  2. No

19.4%
  3. I mix it up a bit between Journey and Services/Timetable modes

41.9%
  1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Since Journey mode was introduced I tend to use it as a to do list and work my way through but for trophies I'm aware that some of the 'do x amount of services' don't count unless you run them from the timetable list. So I mainly use Journey with occasional services of my own thrown in or for a particular Youtube video I want to do.
    How about everyone else? Just wondered how popular Journey mode is with everyone?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I now have committed to journey mode. Before, I would pick and choose something from the timetable mode. My aim is to finish journey mode chapters for each route. It feels like the mode for variety and a sense of experiencing most from the route. I've also experienced services that can have you wait at red for other trains to move tracks...something I rarely experienced when using timetable mode (maybe because it's only on a few services).

I know this is PlayStation but on Xbox, the achievement progress goes up when you complete services through journey mode. So I expect it's the same on PS4 (but you can't tell because trophies don't have progress tracking).

The only thing I dislike with journey mode is the 'continue journey' doesn't like it if you play them out of sequence. ECW focuses too much on the 377 for a while. This I think should have been split up into smaller chapters so the Class 66 can be used earlier (when doing them in order).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I haven't touched it, nor do I plan to. I find it to be just a gimmick.

4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

What I plan to do through out a game, is to plan what the follow up service is. There is a link somewhere on the community to a timetable with all the stopping times, previous services, connecting services and the next services for all routes. I use this instead of the Journey mode as I find it more realistic

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I quite like the journey mode. The fact that the timetable has been curated for quick access to the more intriguing services is a nice thought I think, and I find it helps me to appreciate the nuances in the routes more.

What I find a little tiresome is how each locomotive has to be introduced. Its helpful being introduced to where everything is in the cab- that is needed for an unknown loco- but start it, run it coast it stop it, is a little boring as an introduction. The Tees Valley class 101 introduction had some more meat to it in that you actually go somewhere and have to manage a small section of route with a purpose. But do the loco intro across 6 chapters and it soon gets boring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘m just using journey mode to get the trophies. I find not being able to choose weather conditions and the loco I want to use rather tiresome.