1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Long Island Railroad Worth It?

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Bamz2317, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Im considering to buy long island railroad, I've read online that there isn't alot of ai traffic considering it's a busy route in real life. I've also read that the yards like hillside are empty?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Member

So i'll start by saying i quite like the LIRR route. That being said, the criticisms you mention are largely true. There's only one train to drive, the M7, which of course limits the AI variety. On the other hand, i find the M7 a lot of fun to operate, and there's a bit of variety in the services due to there being 5 terminals (NYP, Atlantic, Belmont, Hempstead, Hicksville) and some express/local variety.

There's NO freight on the line, so just be aware.

IMO it's worth a purchase but could turn into a must-buy with some additional DLC trains and/or extension to incorporate some additional branches (Long Beach, Babylon, etc would make Jamaica a lot livelier, for example)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  3. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Thanks! What i find interesting about this route is the various branch lines, the route length which is supposed to be the same as northern trans pennine? And it reminds me of a typical city to the suburbs route like you would find in many cities. No freight doesn't bother me since i have tees valley, rsn, ntp and br heavy freight pack. Even those routes dont have alot of ai traffic and they all have empty space especially rsn

4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Member

Yeah, you get a good city (including some significant underground/tunnel sections) to suburbs transition for sure. I will say it "feels" shorter than NTP because the average speed is much higher.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Easily one of my favourite DLCs. I just love the M7's hyper-precise throttle/brake controls.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

After reading these comments, I'll continue TSW without LIR. Thanks to all contributors.

7. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

wait for a sale - half price would be worth it

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Yes definitely worth it.