PC Is The Class 37 Well Done? Leaning Towards That Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Since there aren't a wide variety of European Sulzers in TSW the 37 is well known to growl and make lots of loud noise as soon as you open the throttle. I need some feedback from anyone who driven the engine here in TSW.

2. hightower

hightower Guest

Why not look on YouTube, there are literally countless videos of the DLC and the Class 37.

Here you go..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2020
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Literally countless.....? I think that there are more than four of them (in DTG-speak).... LOL... Just joking.... ;-)

More seriously - for the OP - the 37 in TSW is fine. I strongly recommend the TVL DLC, plus the Class 31 DLC - and I have recently done a short review of TVL here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-are-the-best-tsw-routes.20689/#post-116660

I am a firm believer that, in an ideal world, that route DLC should not cost more than £4, and loco DLC should not cost more than £2..... but I can afford the full price, and I paid nearly full price for TVL and the Class 31, and I did not regret it at all. Enjoy....!

NB: Apart from the growl - the thing that I love is the deep rhythmic breathing when you drop the throttle back down - it sounds like a dragon waiting to flame a bunch of hobbits (although I am sure that they didn't take the sound sample from Lord of the Rings.... LOL)

• Like Like x 1
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I actually really enjoy the Tees valley dlc as a whole and yes the class 37 is a blast to drive. I love the sound and I usually turn up my sub woofer because it has a lot of bass. I’m glad you decided to ask our opinions.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

It was a decision I had to take because beeing a long time Microsoft Train Simulator user and then moved after a very difficult choice to Dovetails Train sim and now TSW, growing up with it did reveal to me the importance of a very well researched product. The 37 is acually quite a special one because of that sulzer which gives you goose bumps. Im very gratefull for people's opinions on the whole thing. Comming to the realization you can now walk around and do so much more than TS2020 or MSTS on the 37 is something massive for train simulation. I know Trainz 2012 had the feature to walk around, Railworks never picked up on it until TSW. Armstrong Powerhouse Released their PRO sound pack for TS2020 37 which was insanely excelent however limitations were obvious. MSTS was the expert in Diesel locomotives because they really smashed the sound quality and realism. Thanks alot!

• Like Like x 1
  6. synthetic.angel

7. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

The 37 has an English Electric engine, not a Sulzer.

The 33, 45 and 47 are Sulzer powered.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

37 and Tees Valley is a really good DLC with real life freight operations.
    Plus, if you have ECW the 37 will sub in for a railtour too.

9. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

is it just me or are rail running sounds too loud over engine noises? in all DLCs

10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Not all dlcs. Certain freight wagons, the ntp mk 2 to a lesser degree, yes.

11. synthetic.angel

I sometimes do wonder, should I be hearing the engine a bit more... But, I suspect that in real life the engine noise would fade into background noise (you'd tune it out mentally...?), and the off-and-on very high pitched scraping of wheels against check rails would really stand out... But in reality it would sound very loud continuously (for the UK diesels), unless the cab was very heavily sound-proofed in real life due to all those blinkin' European standards... making drivers' lives just a bit too easy and comfortable... :o

But it is not as if I have had years of experience driving 50 different bits of traction - so I don't really know. Broadly speaking - for my ear - everything usually sounds great (except for the DB BR 155 through tunnels on RSN, on PS4). ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  12. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

the DB BR 155 through tunnels on RSN, on PS4). ;-)...

This has me actually laughing out loud at the bar that I'm currently at. I'm trying to drink away the pain of the OSD, TGV, and DB BR 155 and I see this. Haha. :D

• Like Like x 3