PlayStation Is The Time Right?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

i have held off buying the base game because of unfavourable reviews and bug issues when it was released, has the bugs been fixed in the base game now? I still read there are issues with DLC that I would hope to buy in the future

Thanks for any replies

• Like Like x 1
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Is it the right time? Well I bought it fairly soon after release and have had many a happy hour out of playing it, so I've always thought it was the right time. ;)

Yes there were some bugs and glitches and yes there still are some bugs and glitches, but nothing game breaking. Well not for me anyway. I think a lot of the unfavourable comments come from those who enjoy the hobby and want things to be as perfect as they can be. Which is fully understandable (but not always achievable).

As for the base game. Well they are 3 of the older routes and don't necessarily represent the better quality of the later DLCs but they still pretty good introduction overall. They've had a few tweaks and updates with hopefully more to come. I've said elsewhere they should polish these up, first impressions etc.

The newer the route the more improvements there seem to be. I mainly play the British routes which generally have favourable reviews. I like them anyway!

So it really all depends whether you're in to railways and simulation games, if you are I'd say go for it. You haven't exactly got a great range of train simulation games to choose from on the PlayStation.

If you're still in doubt wait until it's in one of the PS store sales and then get it. If you don't like it you won't feel so miffed then. And if you do like it it's still worth saving a few pounds because if it grabs you it can get quite expensive!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

It is worth getting. There are some nice routes and I have had many many happy hours on TSW despite some issues.
    I just have to say that two of my favorite routes are NTP and MSB. Without noticing it, I have spent most time in NTP as there is so much to do in there.
    So if you decide to get it then get NTP and MSB as well, otherwise it may get a bit stale with just RT, GWE and NEC. Especially GWE gets boring extremely fast on HST (in my opinion). But basically it's for you to decide what you like and build it on your preference.
    I'm still unsure myself on which way I build my TSW. Either English, American or German stuff. It more looks like in my case it is going to look German but a lot depends on the next American DLC to be honest.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Interesting replies, thanks PjM and Kenny

• Like Like x 1
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Let's hope the "World" eventually goes beyond those 3 countries. Although again that's more expense!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I agree with the above praise for the game.

It is a great game, and always the right time to buy the base game.
    The base routes might get repetitive, but not until you have driven for many many hours.
    Much of the DLC is highly improved over the base game, and absolutely well worth buying any route that appeals to your enjoyment of driving style/scenery.
    DLC can get expensive when you want a couple but it is well worth waiting for the PSN sales and treating yourself to one at a time.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kennyjamesscott

Africa, Australia, South America, Russia. That would be a dream but have to be more realistic I'm afraid.
    I would like to see couple French routes thou and why not even to venture in to Canada at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

I have the base game plus trans pennine, tees valley, ruhr sieg nord and br heavy pack so far. I dont really have any issues that are game breaking. Just little glitches sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Canada could be made. It's in Train Simulator so why not TSW. Now Mexico would be nice. Though getting DTG members there is the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

You talking Ferromex or something like that, they have a good paint scheme.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Big Papi34

Yeah. Maybe even Kansas City Southern de México. Though I'd prefer Ferromex as like you said there paint scheme is really pretty. What's the difference between Ferromex and Ferrosur? Ferromex4616-TBoylan.jpg detiene-fge-a-dos-presuntos-lideres-de-banda-dedicada-al-robo-de-trenes.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Papi34

I like the game. Though I'd avoid buying the sw1000r until all bugs are fixed with it and the cab car.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

That's a good question, I can't answer that but that loco is tight.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

From what I read, Ferromex took over Ferrosur.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Big Papi34

That might explain why Ferrosur switched liviries. Old
    48c1d1b1db3247cf70e0347cf1463778.jpg
    New 18626191201_4af370fbdd_b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. kennyjamesscott

As I'm from Europe, those are actually beautiful paint schemes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. George Tea

George Tea New Member

I have TSW on PS4 and it is a good Train Simulator.
    I knew how to start the DB Schenker Class 59/2 in TS 2019 by the Class 66 tutorial of the TSW's Great Western Express tutorial, so it is also a Simulator with a different Detail Focus as TS 2019 but I rate it with "Just for Fans of the Genre" until yet, like gaming magazines do, if you like the sort of game, you will like TSW, if you expect a Career mode Progress like in Euro&American Truck Simulator or an Editor or freeplay, you should wait a Little bit more, there is TS2019 the better choice.

• Like Like x 2