Is This Game Self Limiting On Xbox?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FrankieAbbott, May 21, 2021.

1. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

I've always played games on XBox safe in the knowledge that they will be decent...but not as good as the same games on a PC that runs with a very good spec. Cricket and rugby games that play OK on console...but I couldn't 'patch' with updated stats, strips, bats etc. Ah well....that's just the way it is I would say. If I wanted the bells and whistles and the chance to make added content for my fave games then I should have bought a decent spec PC.
    Never more than now do I think that I need to move from console to PC. TSW on XBox One (for me personally) is a bit pants and so self limiting.

How much might a high end spec PC cost me ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I understand what you are saying, but I prefer to sit on my sofa when playing the game, using a console rather than a PC hooked to my TV.

Performance wise, the series X, is a massive improvement, even without the upgrades DTG are going to do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It really is WAY better on Series X, but sounds like you're very interested in mods, so maybe PC is the way to go. I don't think i could stomach rebuying the same content again, but if you're not already too invested in the Xbox version, it might not be as painful.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Actually, this is not the best time to be buying a new PC, indeed a new anything. The cost of graphics cards, one of the key components of gaming rigs, is through the roof, at least here in the US. A competent gaming PC will set you back $1,000 and up.(convert to your currency).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You have to consider that right now (as Crosstie said above) there is a shortage of good spec PCs. Lockdown saw surges in purchases for PCs as people were at home more. Then there's also the global shortage of materials needed to make chipsets etc along with the fact that scalpers got hold of the latest spec cards and put them on sale for double the RRP.

I was looking for a gaming spec PC here in the UK to run some games from and even ones that cost £1500 only had older graphics cards (RTX1650 or 1660) installed in them.
    Only expensive set-ups (£2000 upwards) had higher spec graphics cards and processors in them and they were only available because not many people could afford them.

I eventually settled for a mid-spec one with an RTX 2060 6GB graphics card in it and an Intel i7-10700 processor (I did have to miss out on a bigger SSD though).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good combination for TSW2. A little higher spec than mine. And you can always add more SSD space later. That component is still decently priced, I believe.

• Like Like x 1