Is This Really Supposed To Look Like This?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by khestrell, Oct 14, 2022.

1. khestrell

khestrell New Member

Running on 3070Ti, maxed out graphics. Feels like other than weather and light effects, everything else is downgraded. Moreover, on Kassel - Würzburg sometimes the frame rate is horrendous, which isn't really justified by the graphics.
    I think this is far worse than TSW2, or am I missing something?
    20221011134031_1.jpg 20221014141224_1.jpg 20221014141259_1.jpg

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You lose half the frames when you use dynamic weather in skw when it starts raining. Also lowering the cloud settings can give you a decent amount of frames.

3. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Currently the sky quality setting on it's highest level has a large impact on performance, even on the highest end systems, so you may find dropping it down a little will help.

4. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

So sort it out DTG please. Performance is bad I'm on playstation 5. I've had to go back to tsw2 because tsw3 is just not nice to play at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Whi

Which is surprising as the sales pitches suggested it would run nigh on the same as tsw2 when people queried the spec release .
    What's not optimised properly?
    There's a a lot of talk about dlss? Is this being explored as a solution or is there now a disconnect on information, a difference in Information now release has happened?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have to say, with all due respect, that is an amazing statement. If a new feature reduces performance on even the highest end systems that significantly, it should have been held back until it doesn't. I mean, who can use it effectively?

( Actually, I don't see the problem on my rig, but obviously many, if not most, players do. )

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  7. It seems that there is a problem with the scaling in tsw 3, anything under 200% severely reduces the quality of graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I should have caveated my response with "some players have found the sky quality being on highest affects their performance" rather than broadly stating, it isn't a problem reported by everyone and performance is something the team have been working hard on to improve in all areas. We appreciate your patience while we work on continually improving the game.