Island Line 2022 - Passing Loop

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TerryBalldriver, Jul 13, 2022.

1. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

On the old Isle of Wight route trains passed each other at Sandown Station only (I think that is correct). Watching the stream last night in the new route trains pass each other at the reintroduced loop at Brading. In the real timetable do trains only pass at Brading now? Have Rivet Games based the timetable on a real one? Thanks.

2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I'll tag in Jasper_Rivet, but I believe it accurately simulates the real timetable.

3. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Yeah they have changed the pass to brading during the refurb they switched it from sandown :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

They re-instated the loop to enable there to be a 30 minute service pattern rather than the 20/40 minute split that they had when they passed at Sandown.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

On the two runs they did on the stream last night I did not see another train pass at the new Brading loop. Admittedly I skimmed watched but did not see another train go the other way at all. Did I miss something? It was very hot yesterday evening! Perhaps I wasn't concentrating.

8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, in real life it’s only an hourly service except for peak times, a worse service than before the line was upgraded. I believe it is the intention to move to a half hourly service at some point but I don’t know when or whether this will be reflected in the game.

• Like Like x 1