Island Line 484 On Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cptainnevica#6145, Jul 19, 2022.

1. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Does anyone know if the Island Line 484 is available on PS5 yet? Today is the release day (July 19th), I can see the 484 loco is available to purchase on my PS4 (which I'm not using for TSW2 any longer) but the 484 hasn't appeared on my PS5. I was really looking forward to running this new route today.

I read the update notes from 18th July and they suggested that although the PS5 release needed some additional attention, it would nevertheless be available on release day. Just need to make sure I'm not missing something here.

UPDATE: I decided to close the game and once TSW2 restarted, the 484 appeared in the top row of the "Store" screen.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yep I managed to install it for both PS4 and PS5 version here’s a screen of my PS5 version with IOW 2022 installed:

Attached Files:

3. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Thanks, I've just managed to download it now. Looks like fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You’re welcome

5. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Any opinions yet? I honestly daren’t hit the Buy button until I see some positive reviews.

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I've read that the train derails near the end of the first scenario and several services I guess. I don't have the route yet since I'm on pc but that is what I read

7. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I've completed the first scenarion on PS4 without any troubles. It involves some coupling and uncoupling. Maybe the persons who derailed did it a bit too rough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Never encountered any derailment to be fair I’m enjoying the route for the moment but I haven’t played it enough to see any major bugs yet

• Like Like x 1
  9. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I've just completed the Brading Rescue scenario without any problems on PS5. The 484 feels like a really nice train the drive. The graphics look lovely so far and I've not seen any screen stutter yet. I will be driving this route for a while to come.

WHY TSW2?
    My gaming history... Assassin's Creed, Horizon, The Last Of Us, Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear Solid, Fallout, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Unchartered, Hit Man, Golf Sims etc. BUT TSW2 just keeps calling me back. £14.99 is a no brainer for this route. DTG need all the support they can get and whilst I appreciate this is a Rivet Games issue I feel DTG can only benefit from these types of additions. TSW2 is a truly amazing experience.

Is now a good time to say "PS5 VR2?" (I'm buying every route).

Also... I was in a bar recently and paid less for a round of drinks that cost me less than what I paid for this route / loco.

I know which of the two is going to give me longer enjoyment.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, turns out it was a problem on the person's end

11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yep Player error. This is what seriously does my head in. The "Its not me its a bug brigade". In fairness 75% of bugs are probably caused by a player error somewhere along the line.

The only bug (s) I have encountered so far are rogue passengers along the route (you see them on most routes), Some of the AI trains have no drivers, No Route map collectable (which has been fixed in an update), You can walk in the Hovercrafts at Ryde Esplanade. in one of the scenarios the Horn does not work. But ti works on the other unit when you head back to brading as a tree has been bought down on the line Other than that I haven't found anything else that's an issue. I haven't checked the Mastery.

Cheers
    Hentis

• Like Like x 1