Isle Of Wight 2022: Increase Scenario Planner Start And End Points - Suggestions And Feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cloudyskies21, Jul 29, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Can I just say first Jasper_Rivet the new Isle of Wight route with the 484 is absolutely brilliant, have really enjoyed it, thank you.

Anyway, on to my suggestion. I'm a big fan of scenario planner, and used this a lot for both the older IOW route, and now on the new one too. However, my recommendations (which combines with some feedback) for IOW 2022 is as follows:

Scenario Planner recommendations

- Make platform 3 at Ryde St John's Road selectable for start and end points, so we can have terminus services created from Shanklin.
    - Make the depot and sidings at Ryde St John's Road usebale in scenario planner, so it can be populated with rolling stock to make it look more realistic, and to create our own depot moves etc.
    - There's a siding at Sandown, would be nice if this could be used as a start/end point.
    - Make Ryde Pier Head platform 2 useable as start/end point.

Feedback

-
    While Smallbrook Junction is available as a start/end location, strangely, this station cannot be selected as a stopping point - this wasn't the case in the original IOW. So, I'd like to see this be the same as what it was before.
    - On just the 484, there's no AI drivers present in scenario planner - although when using other rolling stock, AI drivers do appear.

Conclusions
    Why may you ask do I suggest such recommendations for scenario planner? Well, having more start/end points gives the route an extra freshness for gameplay variety compared with the timetable mode.

Thanks for reading, any thoughts welcome.

2. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

At Ryde pier head only one platform is used in real life, also the siding at Sandown is usually only used for bringing trains onto the Island Line.

3. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

With scenario planner, I'm less bothered in terms of realism, but for more interesting/fun gameplay which offers a variety of different options compared to timetable mode (in which here I prefer realism).