Isle Of Wight In The Thirties Route For Train Simulator 2022.

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by A Rail Fan From Wokingham, Dec 8, 2021.

1. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

A Rail Fan From Wokingham Member

I think it should have all 55 miles of routes. It should come with the LSWR O2's in Southern Green and also BR Black as well as the LB&SCR E1's in Southern Green and BR Black. It should come with the SE&CR Birdcage coaches with a few modifications like the removal of the birdcage and enlarging of the Guards compartment and also a fully working version of the Push-Pull set with working cab controls for the Ventnor West branch Line and also a collection of the some Southern Railway freight wagons. The reason why it should be in the 30's is because that is when the line was at it's peak of operations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. decrepitts#7027

decrepitts#7027 Well-Known Member

I like this suggestion very much, being a fan of older routes and locos. Something I hope for in 'period' routes such as this is appropriately dressed people standing on platforms (and anywhere else they appear). IoW is an obvious choice I think. Even with the full 1930s route modeled, it's not so gargantuan as to be impractical / uneconomical. LB&SCR, imo, sports some of the best liveries of the steam era, but for whatever reason is under-represented in Train Simulator, both by Dovetail and third-party creators.

3. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

I agree with you on that there is very little content pre 2000's in train simulator and most of steam ear routes are based on the Western Region with at least one on both the London Midland, Scottish and Eastern Regions with nothing for the Southern Region. With the Isle of Wight in the 1930's route they could reuse Haven Street station's island platform and the station signage on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway and other assets to make it even more cost effective to make the route. I think that it should be sold between £15 and £25 when it is first released.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

We have mods with the entire network. I would have to look them up but might be able to find one from UKTS. I know of one there called IOW Network but that may or may not be it.

5. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

I am suggesting it so that then there is an official version of the route in which you can use the assets in a route and post the route you have made on to the steam workshop. The UKTS version has not got all of the different routes to the same level of detail and so it does it not look finished and there has been no updates for the last 5+ years which I can see.

6. Cyclone

I know that's why you're suggesting it. I'm just saying it's been done, and I can't see DTG turning around and trying to do something that's already done. The most they could do is take the finished route, pay the person involved for the work, then do their own efforts to make it a payware-quality route with appropriate scenarios and a train or two for the era represented. They won't redo it from scratch., but it would be nice to have it finished up indeed.

7. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

DTG made the West Coast Mainline South route when there was already a freeware version of West Coast Mainline South available on Alan Thompson Sim.

8. Cyclone

It was available on UKTS long before. I have yet to play it and see how much of the WCML South is in the 4.0 version, but 5.0 shares the same folder as 5.3 so I'll install it separate from 4.0. The 4.0 version is used for some scenarios by Lord Bickerstaff, including his Journey Packs (which also need some freeware). Nonetheless, point taken.

9. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

WCML South V5.3 goes from Birmingham New Street to Euston/Elephant and Castle with DTG one running from Birmingham New Street to Euston which is over 110 miles which is at least twice the total distance of all of isle wight's railway which are mainly signle track with a exceptions of double track where the WCML South is mainly Double and Quadruple track so since there is less track on the isle of wight would it be easier than WCML South?

10. Cyclone

It would be nice to see an official and dedicated DLC rather than the piecemeal third-party things. I mean, they are better than nothing, but I do not believe one stands out as a front-runner. Unlike WCML South v5.3, which started on UKTS way before many realized they needed this piece of rail in the game, and was released in v5.0 around 2018 on UKTS on the heels of earlier versions. And yet it's still the slightly better route because there are more tracks not on the WCML South on Steam, notably the Bakerloo line which DTG did do - wait, they did it for TSW2, not TS.

So yeah, sometimes the best thing is not on Steam. But in other cases, DTG needs to find an area that is not fully settled on and do something official using something that is available as a base, improve it, and do a release. The challenge is getting the rights to publish it. Perhaps none have granted that right for their versions of the route.

11. quebecpilotdreams15

quebecpilotdreams15 New Member

I don’t know if i should write here, but for me the all the Isle of Wight scenarios will just NOT load. When clicking on a scenario, the game loads for about 3 seconds, then it just shows like the no detail map which is grey with yellow lines and says the scenario could not be loaded on with random things, do any of you had that problem?

12. Cyclone

Though the European Loco and Asset Pack is not bundled with it, I wonder if it relies on that. Do you own that? Many active members here strongly avoid to get it bundled with another route, not by itself, so I recommend getting something with that anyway. But I do not know if it is actively used in the route.

Another possibility is corrupt files. I would check the DLC anyway, and untick the route, wait a moment, then retick and install it again. Try running the route after that. Do this before exploring the Euro Loco and Asset Pack route as it's a more likely fix.

It may also be a problem with the SDBCache. Perhaps try clearing that file and let the game rebuild it (will take a little longer to load the game), and see if that fixes the scenarios. Someone fixed some Quick Drive scenarios earlier by removing that, and it also fixes errors with scenarios appearing in the right places, not appearing, or showing multiple times if you are not knowledgeable of other workarounds to fix them.

Hopefully these solutions may provide assistance!