PlayStation Isle Of Wight Issues And Feedback

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Oct 15, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A few bugs and issues from the Isle of Wight route.

No times for scenario or timetable station stops

Only bronze medals awarded due to no points for stopping on time

Appalling textures on many details on the Class 483 - all buttons switches inside and out and other circular details do not appear as intended.

Cannot exit the train from either cab door - no climb down steps prompt (even when there are no steps to platform level) and can’t just walk straight out. EDIT - you can walk straight out by crouching, so not a bug!

Ambient sound inside cab and train is too quiet and opening cab windows does not increase sound level inside.

Strange reflections on the sea with dark band down the centre of the field of vision but bright down the edges. This changes with camera angle and elevation. Seen on night time scenario from external camera.

What looks like a reflection of the sun in the water but no sun in the sky

Some tool tips use sloppy or incorrect language with “on” and “off” for inserting the master key as well as “on” and “off” for using it; and “sit in engineer’s seat” instead of “sit in driver’s seat”

Late pop-in of Lake station - station does not appear until you are almost next to it (seen in northbound at night scenario)

That’s all I’ve seen so far from a couple of scenarios and timetable runs.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Not being in PS discussion I hope I can give my feedback from Xbox.

I thought thas was intentional, at the end being a subway it doesn't operate on schedules like national rails, but I'm not sure. Anyway it's not a big problem

Noticed that as well, personally I don't care so it gets a pass from me but I understand it's a problem that needs fixing.

This is one of the bigger problems but I suspect it's an easy fix, it doesn't require any modification to the model or to the texture, probabily is just that we are seeing a "lower quality" version that what we should, so hopefully it won't take long.

You can, you need to crouch.

Maybe I've played with too much Preserved Collection but the audio and sound seems pretty solid (surely better than the BKL), but I noticed opening the windows does nothing although it might be different on xbox.

Haven't noticed that yet, but I haven't played at night time yet.

I remember you talked about generally a lack of the sun (lol) but it seems PS4 only as well.

I agree but having some experience with BKL I never had a problem understanding what I needed to do honestly.

This, togheter with the signalling and the 3d model are the worst things about a pretty good route if I say so myself, especially compared to the Bakerloo line

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Subway Trains DO run on schedules, it just doesn't seem like it to an outsider. This is a National Rail Route, using a former Subway Train.

You shouldn't HAVE to crouch to exit the cab.

While I agree that the sounds are definitely better than the Bakerloo, Track Noise in this DLC needs to be improved upon.

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ok, As I said I didn't know, still it doesn't make a big difference to me personally.

Why? The cab doors are shorter than the pax doors and I would have to mind the roof on those, so it's no surprise you need to crouch, I did it intuitively without having to think about it TBH.

There is still room for improvement but at least we are going forward

5. ZeenozPlays

You would only have to lower your head, not crouch like you're hiding from Jason.

You say that like TSW is actually moving forward. In reality, they keep making the same mistakes over and over again. This route is a mess, no wonder why so many people are choosing not to buy this route and TSW 2 in general. They need to stop with the "Release Now, Fix it later" way of thinking.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The Isle of Wight line definitely follows a timetable as it is a National Rail service. This is a major issue as it stops you getting gold on the scenarios. It's also just really off-putting and is a reason I won't be getting this (alongside the Minecraft like textures)

• Like Like x 3
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Crouch in a Train Simulator context means exactly that, you have in front of you a door lower than you, you know you have a command that makes your height shorter, you press that button, what movement you do is up to you, it's still a first person perspective.

I am the first to think this mentality is wrong, and wouldn't take long to find out what I think about it if you go into the latest DTG article live discussion, but I don't understand all the hate this route is getting either.

It has its problems and it's not perfect, but those problems do appear to not be as fundamental or game braking, at least to me, and to what I care about in a Train Sim.

The textures and 3d models are now awful, yes, but we know they created a better one, it's probabily going to be a problem of low LODs, which should get fixed pretty quickly.

As I said, three big problems right now are the Lake platform popping out of nowhere, the signalling system (flawed like the BKL) and the bad 3D model.

For the signalling we have to live with it, but the Lake platform and the modelling should not be hard to fix. It's not like the preserved collection that is completely broken and the problem there is much more fundamental and requires much more work, as those models do not work with the current engine and a large part of that code needs to be re written or brought up to date.
    Also fixing P.Coll is not in their interest, I dare to say is hindering them as it's not allowing them to re sell preserved content (which is actually good), so making us pay twice for the same thing (see the DoSto and BR112 and MRCE BR182) but such problems are non existent for IoW and is in their interest to fix bugs, since those will directly affect sales.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I was wrong sorry, also I understand if that might be off putting, I, honestly couldn't care less if the game thinks I deserve a gold, bronze or recycled plastic medal, I am happy if I had a good time and I know I was doing thing as realistically as possible.

9. ZeenozPlays

Some people have reasonable expectations for a SIMULATOR. We don't expect glitchy looking buttons, because that's not how it's supposed to look. TSW is a simulator, which means it's supposed to realistically recreate the train/route in the game. These specific bugs are obvious, immediately noticeable, and shouldn't be there.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Did I say it's fine?
    I just said chances are it's a much easier and more immediate fix than, let's preserved collection sounds because of this:
    They already have the "correct" 3D model, we are getting to see a worse version, probabily because a variable which tells the game how detailed the model should be is wrong or something similar, it does not require huge modification or a huge amount of work done.

Also if you sit down and look directly forward out of the windscreen much of the awful modelling and texture is not visible, which in turns makes this problem better than for example the Bakerloo screens and mirrors not working, as you see them every station, but that is 100% subjective.

11. BAZ

BAZ Member

There is no scheduled time to stop at a stop, also.

12. ZeenozPlays

Already there, it's number 2

13. BAZ

BAZ Member

Okay, good. I hope they see this thread.

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would add lighting seems very bright in some places and too dark in others.

The strobe effect on the water.

• Like Like x 2
  15. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

You can slip through a gap in the fence just outside Brading, which means you can explore past the train line!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. BAZ

BAZ Member

That’s something that shouldn't be fixed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

18. teilekind

teilekind Member

Passengers share knee and foot space
    [​IMG]

19. ZeenozPlays

That's a DTG issue with the passengers, Not a Rivet issue.

20. LucasLCC

I'm assuming that Rivet decided how far the seats were, and decided what seats could be occupied, so I'd hazard a guess that Rivet is as much fault as anyone for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  21. teilekind

teilekind Member

I never noticed this on other trains

22. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

You would need to, look at the size of it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Having been on old British trains with facing seats, that’s how you sit. Intertwined, feet in each other’s shoes.

• Like Like x 2
  24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No, Eastleigh Works decided that in 1989 when they redurbished the 1938 stock into Class 483s. Rivet reproduced that as accurately as possible

25. LucasLCC

However Eastleigh Works wasn't using AI characters who were unable to move their legs. Rivet decided to let them sit opposite, when they could have just made people sit diagonally...

• Like Like x 2
  26. Mercy

Mercy New Member

Anyone know where I can turn on the saloon lights??

• Like Like x 1
  27. ZeenozPlays

In the Passenger Area, look for a Guard Control Plate. Press the “Pass Lights” Button.

28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry I was a bit too cheeky, but really that passenger problem is such a small thing, unless you decide to ride as a pax you would never notice it, and I think the IoW has kind of become a witch hunt to find every possible glitch because it's Rivet, and since it's not DTG it can't make mistakes, I remembers seeing one guy telling like it says Ice cream added when you actually take it away from the cart or something like that...

29. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

In the german version it actually says "1 out of 10 ice creams eaten" :) (translated of course)