Issue With The Standard Tab In Train Simulator 2021

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by shang#7390, Jan 23, 2021.

1. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

When I was in Drive/Standard I accidentally pressed something... and now where it says 'Select Loco' it comes up with Railfan (a picture of a camera) and there's no way to select a locomotive (nothing shows up). And 'Select Route' is also affected by this.

I am not able to choose a Locomotive and Route or scenario at all. Just the 2 scenarios of taking pictures. I don't know what the problem is, butt i sure hope there is a solution. I have no idea what to do, i have already tried selecting the pin/cancel icon, as well as that i have tried clearing cache and reinstalling. I am using a PC on the Steam platform.

Any help would be appreciated thank you. Shang.

2. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

3. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

I have tried 'Verify integrity of game files...' and 'Reset Progress' and i have tried the filter and search options.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Because you selected railfan you limited the search to ONLY those types of scenarios, and there are very few standard ones
    Clearing that railfan setting would open up to any loco types on the selected route.

5. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

How do i go about clearing the railfan setting?

6. ARuscoe

I think you click on it again, or click the filter icon, bottom right of the logo

7. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

I have already tried that, did not work. :(

8. ARuscoe

Close the program and start again. It should always start with all routes and locos available (ie without filter)
    QUESTION : Have you only bought the main game pack and not got any addons???

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you have not either Purchased an Add-on that has Standard Scenarios or Downloaded a Standard Scenario you won't find anything under this Tab. Most trains/routes from DTG only have Career Scenarios

Peter

10. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

This may or may not work.
    I would try, Close TS and Steam - then renaming/deleting the playerprofiles.bin file in the \STEAM\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content folder
    Re-open Steam and TS to see if the problem is fixed. This will reset your graphics options (reset in TS) and may fix the menu issue? if it doesn't just restore the back-up file you created.
    PS Verify the game files will not fix a playerprofiles.bin issue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

Closing the program and starting the game does not work... Yes i have bought the game and not got any addons.

12. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

So you're saying i don't have a problem, that's how its meant to be? How come wenne i opened up the game in the beginning it was showing up with trains and routes?

13. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

I have already tried that and it did not work. I have also tried deleting the cache files as well.

14. ARuscoe

OK, let's take a step back.
    If you haven't bought ANY addons then you may not have any standard scenarios to look at. Go to Career and see if you have scenarios in there. It's likely you've only got the DTG default scenarios and they're all career ones

15. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

Okay so there's nothing wrong with it, nothing to worry about. There are no scenarios in the Standard tab by default. And nothing is meant to come up using the drop-down box for 'Show All Scenarios' and 'Show Official Scenarios' - it's just normal?

16. ARuscoe

If you have nothing to search on or filter then nothing will come up. Depending on what routes you have we could suggest some "standard scenarios" you could obtain and they would then show on that screen

17. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

Butt the way it is for me is the way it's meant to be? without any Addons it should be just empty? I need to know if it is okay.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  18. ARuscoe

If you have nothing that comes with standard scenarios then the standard scenario tab has nothing to show and will therefore be empty.
    Hope that helps

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is Okay.
    It will only show what you have bought or downloaded and installed yourself.
    If you have not done that it will show as Empty apart from the Railfan Scenarios

20. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Basically, screenshot #2 is the default state of things. If you don't have standard scenarios, then...
    The easiest way to test it a little is to go to the Workshop tab and subscribe to a few scenarios, preferably a mix of various routes. The vast majority is standard, so they should show up here and un-confuse you.