I've Come Back & Am Looking For Switching/shunting Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Oct 22, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

TSW2 is a real disappointment for me: just one route, the revised CSX, that offers freight activities, at least some of which involve my preferred work, switching.
    So, I've returned to TS, for which I've added to my 312 DLC, selecting so far US routes that include switching scenarios.
    I could use some help, however, since it isn't possible to search the DTG or Steam store pages or the Workshop, for that matter for terms such as "switching" or "shunting". So, I'd appreciate hearing from other forum members about TS routes of any national provenance that include yard work. Please -- no spam or product bashing.

2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Doncaster Works DLC and it can be picked up for pennies if you find it in a sale.

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The new Hanover Subdivision from High Iron Simulations could be of your interest. Of the 2 scenarios I've done for it there were some switching. Not to mention it has a scenario pack plus a throwback pack coming soon with Western Maryland equipment.
    Screenshot_20201022-130104_Steam.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I agree. The Hanover Sub scenarios have a nice mix of local running and shunting, all made more challenging by the undulating grades in the yards and on the main.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

It's in the DTG sale now... dirt cheap, I just picked it up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is worth asking on RW America as not many UK Scenarios feature shunting