I've Spotted Something Interesting At Hamburg Hbf (highly Speculative Thread)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fabienlimp95, Jul 7, 2022.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

First of all, sorry if this was discussed in another thread, I couldn't find anything about it so I thought I'll share it with you and maybe get some opinions on it.

So this Picture was released about a month ago with the second last Roadmap but there's something interesting at one Screenshot for the upcoming Preservation Crew Update for Hamburg-Lübeck. I've just noticed while watching a YouTube Video about the TSW3 speculations. Thats not the point here, but as we are all very speculative right now, I think this could be an another hint to what's coming, especially as there is an unknown German route coming.

What's that in the Second Row (behind the Dostos)? It looks like a DB BR 155 but it's definitely not in DB Red. Looks more like the Old Dark Red which was used back in the Days of the 'Deutsche Reichsbahn' back in GDR. Maybe it's just that we getting the 155 for livery Editor ( which it definitely should be in ) or it's a placed hint that we'll about to see the first historic German Route, which would be placed in the Time befor German reunion.

So im excited to see what other players think about this and look forward to some speculations from the community.

Attached Files:

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Looks DB red to me I have to say. Even has the DB logo on the side.

3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

How can you tell? We only see its roof. (We’re talking about the 155 on the left side, not the 112 on the right)

Interesting point. I didn’t notice back then but you’re right - it certainly looks more like bordeaux red than traffic red. It’s something to keep an eye on. I wouldn’t expect a vintage route since DTG absolutely refuse to do vintage routes for Germany for whatever reason. Maybe it’s a re-done 155 owned by a privet EVU? There are probably quite a few repainted into bordeaux red just like the privately owned 143s. All just speculation for now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I think you´re just looking on the dirty roof of a BR155. The dirt on top gives you the impression of a darker red.

I like Occam´s razor who tells you that the simplest explanation is usually the most probable one.

Dirty_Roof_02.JPG Dirty_Roof_01.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’d have to agree with Pipe here, we simply can’t see enough of the 155, and it does just look like it’s the dirty roof, although I do think the dirt looks to be more intense than it is, and even in at this angle we should see more Traffic Red.

That being said, we know DTG likes to be sneaky, and if they were to tease something, it would be done in exactly this manner.

The prospect of an updated 155 though, and certainly an older German route is quite exciting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Oops. Blind as fook me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Quite likely, I'll admit. Still, I'd love this to be a teaser we all missed :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I remember this was mentioned on another thread before.
    My reply is the same.
    It is the BR 155 without doubt!.
    I have this locomotive.
    The one you see it is red.
    But you are mostly seeing the roof which is dark, so that confuses you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm absolutely aware that this is a 155 and I'm aware that it's roof is pretty dark as I own it myself. It's just looking absolutely like the Bordeaux Red from the DR era. But as i marked this as highly speculative, i never said it definitely is. Just curious what other players think ( not confused ;) ) we know DTG loves to place little hints. I'm really looking forward to what the German route will be. And I wouldn't be sad if it's something Historic from DR era as we would have some Locos by this time that would fit / will fit thinking about the 232 aswell. But as i said, highly speculative.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For the Deutsche Reichsbahn East Germany era 155 232 143 are designed as Mix traffic locomotives alongside the 109 DR Baureihe 211 142 242.

• Like Like x 1
  11. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It could be a br 112 or br 143

12. Lamplight

No, it can’t. The roof is clearly identifiable as a 155 one.