Japanese Freight Trains

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blacknred81, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So the licensing situation with JR means we probably wont see any Shinkansen trains anytime soon, and we really only have 3 passenger routes (2 real life though unbranded, 1 fictional) routes in TS2020 ATM. So why not go a different direction and get a Japanese freight line in the game?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While I don't know too much about JR Freight's operations around Japan, I do believe most of freight carried is either COFC or tank cars, and they operate both diesel and electric units either on their own tracks or sharing with one of the existing JR passenger groups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think if a route was made, it could either be based on a real life line (Though most likely missing branding) or be made fictional, but using real world equipment. And could include at least 1-2 locomotives and maybe both types of rolling stock (If applicable to the route).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Granted, I know its a long shot, but still would be nice to have something different for Japan than the 3 route already available.

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I think this would be really cool, we always think of Japan as the country with the flashy fast passenger trains, when in reality there's a solid freight business that also brings in revenue. I'd say 1 diesel (the switcher), and 1 mainline electric type would be perfect for a route.