Japanese Routes And -fastload [dtg Update][solved]

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by torfmeister, Nov 12, 2021.

1. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Hey everyone, thought I'd put my reply from another thread up here. Some people reported the game crashing when loading up a japanese route with -fastload enabled. I think I found the cause for that as I went through the Assets folders.

Check your Assets folder \RailWorks\Assets\UnionWorkshop\GE_East_Asia_Scenery_Pack\
    Do you have the following two aps?
    GE_East_Asia_Scenery_PackAssets.ap
    GEEastAsiaSceneryPackAssets.ap

Then you can safely delete the second one. I contacted UnionWorkshop about this and they said only the first one is official. The second one must have been distributed earlier by DTG and has the same files only some textures have different sizes. You do not need it!

I removed it and since then the japanese routes work fine with -fastload.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I removed the second as suggested
    GEEastAsiaSceneryPackAssets.ap

Now I cannot run Tadami at all. I have reinstalled this route but still it reverts to my steam library.

How can I recover this file please? I kept the file and should it go into Assets/Union Workshop or DTG?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Hmmm. You should be able to reinstall any file by unticking that DLC and then ticking it again. If your folder contains the GE_ East_Asia_Scenery_AssetPack.ap (UnionWorkshop folder, not DTG, see above) it should work. If you reinstall you get the old pack again but then it only runs if you start TS with the -disableFastload parameter. I can't say more, there was an in depth discussion in another thread, mail from the developers and many responses on Steam discussions that deleting the old file works. I'm surprised because the underscored packs contains all assets. Can you post the contents of your Assets\UnionWorkshop folder? And have you cleared cache?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2021
  4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for responding. Since imputing your original post all four of my Japanese routes crash to the Steam library.

I have removed -fastload, cleared cache, verified files, unticked all four and reinstalled all four with no success. None of my Japanese routes will play. Doing without them does free up some disk space!!! I just wish I hadn’t seen your post.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am pleased to report that with the help of Cyclone all my four Japanese routes work again.

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That's good to hear happy journey's

7. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

Hi nwp1

Can you perhaps also tell me how to get it working? I own the new JT Japanese line, and various Japanese Routes that have EA Scenery

8. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Yes pjduplooy.gis

I unticked all routes in the DLC list. Then I renamed the Union Workshop folder to UA1 in windows explorer and the reinstalled all four Japanese routes and the Chinese HSR which belongs to Union Workshop.

9. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

Thanks for the info. I will try that, but I dont know how my Tohoku Line from JT that also includes the GE Scenery (Its an Union Workshop Route) is gonna behave when I try the suggestion

10. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Good luck. JT routes install in a different way, so hope it works for you.

11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2022