Just A Regular Day At Hagen Hbf...?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Sep 24, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

thumbnail_Just a regular day in Hagen.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Are the trains on RSN the same as those on MSB? I've already got some of the RSN trophies and don't have the DLC!

Is it worth having both? Is there any crossover with other DLC? I have the 182 for MSB - will that appear on RSN if I get it?

Edit: Ohhh, wait, is this a teaser for the new German route?!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Hmm... May I ask why a BR146 is departing Hagen? Oh wait, maybe it's set to be compatible with whatever enigine usually pulls that service.
    And even more interestingly, may I ask, where you think you are able to go when heading toward Wuppertal as you leave Hagen?

Does that mean...
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/rhein-wupper-bahn-cologne-hagen.17310/

Whatever it means, you have my curiosity :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Whatever it is, i would hope it gets incorporated to RSN, so you could continue your journey from Hagen with a different train. But thats pretty unlikely. Its probably a new route just starting / ending there.

Anyway i´m excited to learn more about it.

5. thearkerportian

Anything going out to the southwest from Hagen (as the suggests this new DLC to do) would be rather difficult to to connect to the RSN as far as services are concerned. Southwest leads to Wuppertal and then on toward either Düsseldorf or Solingen and Cologne. Any train (other than a few freighters perhaps) coming in from the RSN however, either terminates at Hagen or continues (in reverse btw) toward Essen, exactly the other direction. So yes, you're probably right. It will be it's own route. And we don't know of course whether Hagen Hbf is even at the end of that DLC. Might me in the middle as well. Wuppertal-Hagen-Dortmund, something like that might also be possible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Not too familiar with German railroading but I do have RSN AND MSB for the freight runs. I hope if this is the next DLC it has freight involved.

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Hey thanks, I'm eager to see the BR 185 in action and I'm surprised they have licensed intermodal freight, Hapag-Lloyd and Hamburg Sud.
    They are used in American intermodal freight as well. This is a definite purchase. Thanks again.

9. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Does that mean future extension and route connections are possibly coming to TSW. Like connecting two DLCs and extending it to Düsseldorf or Dortmund? Köln maybe? Bonn?
    Anyway, great, excited about that route. I still play on RSN quite a bit so having another route connection to Hagen is good news to me :)

10. kennyjamesscott

At the same time I would like to ask if there is a possibility that the mainline will also be used for something else than just a freight service? Express passenger runs, ICE for example. It would open up more possibilities in Germany for us as the players. Especially when the third party content starts to come out one day (if it does and it is a big if as I understand) via editor.
    Regardless, Im excited! Can you tell?

11. thearkerportian

Both Hagen and Wuppertal are IC/ICE stops indeed, but on such a short route it bare makes any sense to implement long-haul trains. They'd be quite fitting on the MSB though, at least IC trains.

12. kennyjamesscott

I know that it would pretty much useless but it would open up so many more possibilities.
    Overall I agree, it's like having HST on GWE but I love it over there (hate that the route is short) so I was just thinking maybe... Also about the future.
    The one can dream, right?

13. thearkerportian

More like HSTs on a slightly faster WSR :D

14. kennyjamesscott

Lol, exactly but still I would love it. If can't drive it then at least for AI purposes :)