Fishing Sim World Just Started And I Have A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by gcanders1, Dec 7, 2019.

1. gcanders1

gcanders1 New Member

Been playing about 40 hours since in the last 2 weeks, and I have a few beginner questions.

First, what is the right trigger button for? I notice that I pull the rod to the right when I pull it, but I have no idea when I would want to do that instead of just using the thumbstick to pull the fish to the right.

Second, how do I know when I want to change the angle of my strike? I usually just pull back on the thumbstick and I either get a perfect strike or a bad one. I imagine this is due to my angle of pulling back.

Third, how long should I wait to pull the stick back for a strike. I have been experimenting with going from an immediate pull back and then using a slight delay, and I still get mixed results.

Fourth, are the offline tournaments meant to be harder than just a casual fishing trip or tournaments in career mode? I noticed I have a lot tougher of a time in the offline tourneys.

Fifth, I notice you cannot ready your cast when facing the back of the boat, but you can turn that direction when you actually cast. Is this meant to stop you from casting off the back? I usually stop my boat when I'm over a few bigger fish and then cast off the back instead of turning the boat around.

I think that's all for now. Love the game, as you can tell by my hour count.

2. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Welcome! The right trigger pulls the rod to either side your rod tip is on from the middle. Some people, I think use it to cause twitch or for stop and go. I usually just use the thumbstick. You will want to pull in the direction the fish hit from. If the fish hits from right beneath and breaches the surface I wait for it to re-enter before setting hook but you want to do it as quickly as possible. For the most part, it seems, that a few of the offline tourneys seem to have bass disappear from usual spots. Some of them are glitched in other ways and don't even register fish being caught. At least it was. I haven't attempted those ones in awhile because I don't like wasting TP. I really get annoyed with the casting issue that you mention. I've even been kept from casting directly off the bow too. You should be able to initiate a cast 360 degrees from your boat.
    Tight lines.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gcanders1

gcanders1 New Member

Thank you very much!

4. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

You're welcome. Also, I use the right trigger to also break a fishes run and bring the strain down when fishing carp lakes.