Just Trains Myb To Ban And West Highland Kyle Line Routes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cropredy8, Feb 7, 2021.

1. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Hello all, I cannot get either of these to run properly. I have no problems with any of the other DLC's purchased. The MYB class 68 has no visible consist either!
    Releasing the brakes and applying throttle, the trains do not move properly at all. Basically a waste of money.

Anyone had similar issues with JT products? I can't get a refund because the European Loco is used on other DLC's so they say I've used the too long to qualify.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

it works for everyone else but it does not work for you so therefore it is rubbish

I presume you also purchased the other items along with the route?
    Please Note: ScotRail Class 68 Loco Add-on, BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On are required, as separate purchases, in order to play the scenarios featured in this add-on.

You could try reading the Manual for the 68 as it is not just jump in and go.

3. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

Do own these routes? The names you've used don't exist.

Please start by saying what routes you are having problems with and where you bought them.

If they are the routes I think, then both need the European asset pack installed, which should have come with them. Check it's enabled in your Steam DLC record.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  4. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

I bought the Chiltern Mainline London - Birmingham

Yes, I do have the Class 68 with Scotrail consist for Edinburgh to Glasgow. I agree it's not the easiest in the box regarding braking, which means I must be doing something wrong. And also have the European Asset pack installed so everything I need to run the software is there. A Free roam scenario from Birmingham Moor Street to Tyseley is very slow as well.

The Kyle Line Extension uses a Class 37 and I drive this on the West Highland and extension packs OK. It simply does not move at Inverness and the engine note doesn't change when throttle increased in or out of forward/reverse

All items purchased through Dovetail games. As all my other simulations work, I wanted to know if anyone had experiences similar to me with the Just Trains software. Nobody at JT or Dovetail/Steam can help, I just get ping ponged.

If anyone can advise how to reinstall the above, it may resolve the issues

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No you are not - there is a fault with this loco which causes the brakes to go in to Emergency to easily.
    Try a class 37 in a Quick Drive on any route you have - it is the easiest way to figure out if it has a problem.
    Normally you place the loco in to Forward, release the Brakes, apply power and it goes.

But Just Trains did not make the Class 37 or the Class 68 - you can not blame them for something they did not do.

Peter

6. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

I have the Kyle Line bought from Just Trains and have no problem with its Class 37 at Inverness.

7. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Always worth rereading the manual, in case there's something like DRA causing the issue. I had a reread, but can't see anything obvious. You say the engine doesn't rev. Are you sure the reverser is in the correct position?

8. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Yes, the reverser is in the correct position, but if it wasn't the 37 will still rev up - done that a few times and wondered why I wasn't moving!! The loco doesn't cause any other problems in other scenarios, in fact it works well.

749006 - I'm glad it is a problem with the 68 braking simulation and not just me; it's a traction I like listening to between Banbury and Leamington [in real time at Cropredy], a beast!

Will try a free roam at Inverness. Thankx all.

9. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Tried the two free roam scenarios and still no reaction from the 37. In the cab, the sound is still outside, the reverser works but brakes don't. RPM shows increase in line with throttle movement.

It looks like a corrupt load of the package, but on 2 Just Trains products is some coincidence. I shall try DTG support once more

10. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Is this in a Quick Drive or a scenario - let me know and I'll try it.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Which Class 37 are you trying to Drive?
    The one from the European Loco and Asset Pack or the one from the BR Blue Pack 01 or the one from West Highland Line?
    Try it on a DTG route in Quick Drive - Does it work then?

12. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

I have tried the Free Roam on the Kyle Line and neither 2 options [Inverness or Kyle of Lochalshe] using the JT 37 - it won't accept any other traction] work.

Going to knock it on the head and admit I've lost a bit of cash! Very happy with all the other DTG stuff on my computer! Thanks for the help and advice

13. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

The class 68 brake issue is fixed with the AP pack for it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

cropredy8 -You seem to intent on having a go at the "JT 37" which does not exist.
    They don't even give you a loco with the route

I asked you which of the two locos you were trying but you don't like to tell us that
    If we knew exactly which locos you were trying we could tell you what you were doing wrong
    Instead you keep having a go at JT for some reason known only to you.

15. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Not just having a go, as it does seem the problem is with my system.

I've checked my wallet and definitely have European Loco Asset Pack and the Kyle Line. It is the Class 37 Blue split headcode already selected for the route. I am supposed to follow the train just leaving the platform at Inverness to go to the shed but it just won't move. A simple 10 minute scenario.

So going back to my first problem with the JT Chiltern Line London to Birmingham Route, also purchased and in my wallet; with the 68 add-on. The loco is in the correct Chiltern livery but when you look back at the consist, it doesn't show on screen but is on the 2D display. You can see the couplings on the track and hear the wheels. If I stop the train and uncouple the loco, the acceleration improves as you'd expect from a light engine.

As an aside, I've even used the 68 out of Paddington on the GWR routes without any visible problems - except the fierce brakes!

So still open to suggestions unless you're all out of patience!

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think the problem with the Class 68 is a shape file needs to be copied across between folders
    The one on the Chiltern Route is in Chiltern Livery, not Scotrail
    And there are two Class 68 models - one came with the Fife Circle and the other as a separate pack
    The repaint in to Chiltern only works with the original and not the Fife Circle loco
    Which one do you have?

Also if you purchased the Class 68 pack after you installed the Chiltern line you might have to do it again for the reskin to work

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  17. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

I have both it would seem. The skin for Chiltern 68 is correct. The rolling stock not showing is quite weird though. Is there a separate carriage add-on which includes the DVT?

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you don't have a viewable engine and you don't have the stock?
    The coaches are a reskin of the HST Coaches in the European Loco and Asset Pack
    The DVT comes with the AP Class 90 which is why it is not used in the Chiltern Scenarios

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Yes I do have a viewable engine and the cab layout is correct. Just no stock. So as a complete dummy, I have the HST stock in other purchases; where do I find it in the files to do a reskin?

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would assume the stock installs to \railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailVehicles\Passenger but I'm not sure.
    You could drop a line to Just Trains to ask them

Peter

21. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

It gets interesting. I set up a quick roam from Banbury to Leamington, 68 and 5 coaches. They show on the 2D display. If I go into coupler view, I can see all the couplers along the consist but no actual skins.

Where in the railworks folder can I find details of how to display and/or edit what I can't see because the train "set" is obviously there!

BTW, understand the lack of a DVT.

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look in \railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailVehicles\Passenger and see if you have something that has Chiltern in it

23. martschuffing

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The skins should have been included with the route according to the Just Trains Website
    "Also included (courtesy of Matthew Wilson, Vulcan Productions) are a Chiltern livery for the Dovetail Games Class 68 and a Chiltern livery for the Mk.3 Standard Class and Business Zone carriages."

25. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Nothing in there with Chiltern on

26. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

27. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Now here's the thing, there is a changelog file on JT that fixes issues with the route I am having the problem with 1U50 scenario. However as I bought it from DTG, I cannot seem to access it in JT as I didn't pruchase it from them! Should DTG have included this in a steam update?

28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately DTG are rather poor at updating stuff
    As you got the route from them rather than JT I'm not sure
    The repaints should install to \railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailVehicles\Diesel\HST\Mk3_2\Chiltern
    See if there is anything in that folder

You could also try a Quick Drive to see if you have the Chiltern stock

If not raise a Ticket with DTG

29. martschuffing

It appears that he doesn't have those geo files if the model isn't rendering? Thought the link may help.

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Those reskins from VP install to WCML-o-Shap stock which if the OP does not have would cause more problems

31. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Yep, I have Mk3 TSO and TSO_2, both files with data and not empty. In Quick drive there is no stock, just the couplers following behind the 68. This is exactly as it shows on the 1U50 route.

The plot thickens and I will raise a ticket with DTG.

32. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And whilst you have a wait for DTG
    Have a look in those Mk3 TSO and TSO_2 folder and see if you have a file called mk3tso_ic.GeoPcDx
    this is the Shape file and when missing causes the couplings only to appear.
    If you find it missing you could Copy an identical file from one of the HST folders if the name is the same

33. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

The files I have are -ic.TgPcDx in both in theChiltern folder. I've copied them from the HST folder and will check if this changes anything. It does seem to point to a faulty load of the software somewhere along the road.

Will try and re-open TS and see.

34. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

No. Result the same, just the couplers. I did a full restart of TS. Hmmm

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As you purchased the route thru Steam you could remove it using the Steam Client- Then re tick and it will reinstall the route and stock

36. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

The only option I get in Library is to remove TS completely and not an individual purchase. My 2 games shown are TS and FSX

37. martschuffing

On your library page in steam and on the right, you will see a page marked DLC, at the bottom of that there will be view DLC in-store and manage my DLC, click on manage my DLC, a box will pop up where you can untick that particular asset/s give it a few seconds to uninstall then re tick the box.

38. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As Martin says - Click on Train Simulator and look for this on the right had side
    DLC .jpg

39. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Thanks chaps! I have unticked all Just trains assests and European Loco and Asset. Duly ticked them again and restarted steam - still nowt.
    So went to QD and set up for London to Wembley using a custom scotrail I had created previously and it worked - everything visible. So....custom built a CH68 with Mk3_TSO and......it worked too. Still nothing in the scenario. You've been a great help so far, any more ideas?
    With everything I have tried, there is AI running.

40. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you start the scenario click on Pause > World Editor > Scenario Editor and remove the coaches that just have couplings showing and replace them with the Mk3 that work

41. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

I tried that - and got a complete train wreck in Marylebone station! Amongst the carnage I could see chiltern liveried coaches. Basically its above my paygrade but with a little more help I may get there. Is there a tutorial anywhere?

42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Try swapping stock on Youtube

43. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

On it later before the rugby!

44. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

More than just a tad ambitious. It will be lot of reading but I do know how to reload the original when I screw up! The editor doesn't show the CH skinned coaches but does put the pax on the track. Onward

45. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you get a reskin it adds to the original loco/coach
    Like the Class 68 - along with the Chiltern version you still have the original Scotrail version.

Have a practive
    Go in to Build > Scenarios and find the route
    Make a new Free Roam scenario anywhere - Banbury might be a good start
    Then try placing the loco and stock on the track
    The loco is in DTG/Class68Pack01 and the stock is in \railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailVehicles\Diesel\HST\Mk3_2\Chiltern

If that works it is then easy to change the train in Marylebone

Peter

46. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

Still W.I.P. at this time, can't seem to delete the couplers. Now looking at RW tools as well

47. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you are unsre with TS Tools - Do it the easy way
    Go in to the Scenario Editor for 1U50
    Click on the Consist Select button
    1 edit.jpg
    When you click on the loco and move it on another track nearby - all of the train including the couplings go with it
    Untick the Consist Select Button
    Create the new train in the platform where you moved this train from
    Drag the Driver Icon and instructions from the broken train on to the new one
    Tick again the Consist Select Button
    Select the broken train and delete it.
    F2 to save the Scenario

48. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

That's next on the list. I have partial success with TS Works; I have deleted the consist leaving the 68 and that's what I see in the station. I have also added a trailing 68 with success. However, still issues with the rolling stock - when selecting to load the consist, there are no thumbnail pictures - of any coaches including the HST Mk3's in FGW.

Now reading the help file to get a grip of it!

49. cropredy8

cropredy8 Member

When I click the consist button, nothing shows! I need to find where the custom stuff is stored as I have a Chiltern 68 and Mk3 stock located there.

I have also got a report in TS-Works about missing .ap files in the 1U50 scenario. It's now intriguing me to delve deeper. I could just settle for a rake of 68's instead!

50. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

They are not missing - TS Tools won't see anything Inside an .ap file until it is extracted.
    That is the message you get at the top of the page when you look for missing assets

Just because you don't have a picture of something does not mean it does not exist.