Justtrains Scottish Ecml

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 6, 2021.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Has anyone else had any issues with the scenery in JT’s SECML?

I notice in Dundee, there seems to be an issue with grass (!) placed about train height. This occurs with different trains, at different times.

It can even appear inside the cab!

If I freecam to the other end of the platform and return, it seems to go, but you’d think this wouldn’t be an issue at one of the major stations.

The standard of scenery on the whole is very high, so it’s a shame it’s marred by this. (Occasionally part of a road by the railway disappears too and is replaced by grass).

Incidentally, it seems odd that you can go from Dundee to Perth, but putting in Perth to Dundee returns an error, even though it’s listed as a route.

97F4131E-EC89-4D77-B61C-65B4F225BC28.jpeg 9068C6E5-E5A9-49BC-918E-AE5B121466D9.jpeg 9FAE9178-B5FB-461A-A9E2-3DB2F32A2C82.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. inversnecky

The Forth Bridge also has the track painted the same colour as the bridge, with a very noticeable join.

It’s a real shame that this core and iconic feature hasn’t been rendered as well as in other routes that feature it, eg the new DTG Fife Circle (attached also for comparison).

Attached Files:

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

The grass is not something I have here....

20210106065145_1.jpg

Do you have procedural flora turned on? If so, turn it off, it's awful! It just dumps grass in random places like the middle of roads etc. It may be that.

As for the bridge, I'm afraid that's just the way it is.
    20210106065609_1.jpg
    If I'm honest, I'm not impressed with a lot of this route at all. A lot of it is great, but parts are a bit iffy if you ask me.

4. malmac

malmac New Member

I own neither route but the track bed over the centre span of the bridge does not have ballast and is the same colour as the main structure in real life so although it looks crudely rendered the JT version is probably closer to the mark.

5. inversnecky

Thanks pookie, I turned off the procedural flora, and that does the trick. I think there was one route that required it to be on, so will have to toggle as required.

6. inversnecky

I should have checked the real thing first. Here are some photos.

There does seem to be evidence of a join at the bridge start. I think if JT had dialled down the colour a bit, it wouldn’t look so glaringly conspicuous. The colour saturation unfortunately detracts from the realism.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is what I remember from standing at the station on the southern end of the bridge. Not bright red at all

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Exactly. The track bed is not red.

Nope. It is not red.

Go to 00:41 seconds.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

My biggest issue with the route is the gradient changes aren't smooth, although that's down to it being a very old route before gradient smoothing was a thing. It is in dire need of an upgrade I think because it's really showing its age.

• Like Like x 1
  10. inversnecky

I notice if you’re at the platform at Dundee, if you haven’t got power on once the brakes are released, you start rolling back right away. Looking at the map, there does seem to be an incline on the way out, but I doubt the station is so inclined that a train immediately starts rolling?

11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Many stations are on inclines. The Settle & Carlisle has a few stations with gradients of 1:100, some gentle application of power is needed before releasing the brakes.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is a noticeable incline departing south from Dundee as the station is in a cutting
    Not my picture
    Dundee_station,_3_December_1983.jpg
    And if the driver was to release the brakes without applying power it would roll back
    The difference is on a real loco the driver can take power with the brakes in First Application so when he released fully the train does not roll back - but that is not always implemented in Train Simulator

13. inversnecky

Thanks for setting me right, guys.