Köln – Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by animalkosmik, Sep 30, 2017.

1. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 16
  2. da.virus

da.virus Member

Awesome Video
    My absolute number one when it comes to ICE routes. However, it seems like this route is a big challenge to build, since we have so many popular suggestions for it (this one even dating back to 2017) but still no implementation in no Simulator. My dream would be that this changes in the future and the developers take on the challenge and make this route. The demand for German High Speed lines is present and I'm sure that this route in particular would fulfill and satisfy everyone's need who is interested in High Speed.

The nature, the Bridges and Tunnels, the overall architecture, the Stations on the way, the thrilling speed of 300 km/h, the narrow curves and the steep slopes and the two big Main stations at the end of the run... These are only some points why this route convinced me to just love it.

How cool would it be to experience this adventure in TSW2? You board the train in Cologne and then race though the landscape towards Frankfurt in just a little over an hour. Your posted Video really arouses my excitement :) My highlights are 35:35 the passing through the station of Montabaur with 300 km/h and the steep down- and up slope at 44:20 on the famous Hallerbachtal-Bridge. But I could watch the whole video over and over again.

Please. I know this is a real deal to develop. But I am more than confident, that the realization of this route would be a huge milestone in Train Simulator History and would make many players very happy. 180 km might sound long for a single route, but as you can see in the video, most of the route runs through nature which doesn't need to be detailed because the trains fly through these areas with a lot of speed. Furthermore, nearly a quarter of the route (47 km) are tunnels, where no scenery is needed anyway. And in addition to that, Cologne Main Station is already in TSW2 and the part of the High Speed Line connecting to Franfurt with the Station for Long Distance trains at the Airport is also available in Ts2021.

What I want to say is, that this connection between Köln and Frankfurt is an outstanding route of big importance and truly anticipated by the community. It would make a lot of players happy to see this route for the Simulator. And I am very sure that I don't speak just for myself here.

Well, enough talked. Wish you all the best.

• Like Like x 6
  3. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Would be amazing, they can make extensions for SPG, SKA, BKL bcs everyone has that route. Köln - Frankfurt is an beautifull line and long, it have a lot of nice, old and new rollings stock!

• Like Like x 1
  4. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

What kind of Extension would the Bakerloo Line get??

5. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

right, BKL is the full route, SPG & SKA then:)