Köln S Bahn Db Br 423 Loco Addon For Ska

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Oct 26, 2021.

?
  1. Yes (I own HMA)

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Yes (I don't own HMA)

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. No (I own HMA)

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. No (I don't own HMA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Maybe on sale

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. The biggest scam ever! Absolutely no!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Db Br 423 in Köln S Bahn-livery at Köln HBF.

Currently on the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen route, the S Bahn services are driven by Db Br 422’s layered from Rhein Ruhr Osten. While the services are fun to drive, it would be great to be able to use the correct rolling stock on the route. Especially when the train in question is already represented in the game in such a high quality. Also some people might not have interest for the RRO and therefore can’t drive any S Bahn services on the route. Therefore I suggest adding the Db Br 423 as a seperate loco/train addon for SKA.
    [​IMG]
    Köln S Bahn livery made in livery designer. (picture is not mine)

Changes required to the train:
    For what I have seen from videos, the existing 423 is already in a good shape in terms of physics, sounds and textures. Therefore only changes needed are a slightly new livery, PIS-update and probably some interior changes. Also for it to be a good addon, some timetable updates and a couple of new scenarios would be appreciated. This train would completely replace the layered 422’s. However the RRO layer would still be there for those who choose not to by the addon.

Pricing:
    Because the most time and resource consuming parts, such as audio and physics are already done, it wouldn’t be justified to charge the normal price for this addon. I think that a fitting price for this train would be around 7.95€. For those who own the Haupstrecke München Augsburg and the train, it would just be a reskin and making them pay the full price wouldn’t be fair. I think that a reasonable price for HMA owners would be around a half of the full price, in this case 3.95€.

Why this addon would make sense:

Overall I think that there could be a really good addon for DTG and the players. It would be fairly easy to make, since all the changes would be cosmetic. Also because the SKA is a base game route, there is a lots of potential buyers for it. Also it’s low price could attract many people, including the ones who have just started playing TSW2 and haven’t got any addons yet. This would be a great starting dlc and could even lead new players to buy even more addons, therefore making the game even more profitable for DTG.

So what do you think of this suggestion? Would it be worth your money even if you already own HMA? What would be a reasonable price for this? Also if you have any knowledge about the train and the differences between München and Köln variants, please share your knowledge below.

• Like Like x 6
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and it's going to be the correct train for Köln S-Bahn with the ability to substitute for a future rapid transit Köln DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Than It would also be easier to make the Frankfurt S Bahn in the future, because the livery and the interior look similar to the S Bahn Köln, the Br422 could still be layers on SKA as the S6 that goes from HBF to Hansaring, otherwise where the Br423 could also be added would be the S12 that goes to Ehrenfeld or Horrem would also be cool to have on the route

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean the S5 & S6 Rhein Main S-Bahn a TS 22 Route featuring DB BR423 S-Bahn Rhein Main. DB BR 423 S-Bahn Koln can be added with the S-Bahn Line to Konrad Adendauer Airport then have that link to SKA S12 line

• Like Like x 1