PC Keep On Losing A File For Tsw2020

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by creepingdeath1971, Dec 1, 2020.

1. creepingdeath1971

creepingdeath1971 New Member

Every so often (every 3-4 days now) I try to load up TSW2020 and I get missing file error "TS2prototype-win64-shipping". I have to validate the files via steam and re download the file, sometimes I get a steam disk write error and have to restart my PC forthe process to complete. I've tried manually copying the file back into the win64 directory but it won't copy, it's like I have no rights to the directory. So I have to go the steam validation process. Anyone know what's going on with my game and the directory? I've double checked properties/security tab and I have all read write access ticked.

2. Lukkes

Lukkes New Member

I've had the same issue with TSW2020 (very often) and TSW2 (1-2 times since launch). I noticed that turning off the antivirus until the process is finished solves the disk write error.

• Like Like x 1
  3. creepingdeath1971

Interesting, do you use AVAST? is that why the file is disapearing antivirus is deleting it so I should apply an exception with my anti virus?

• Like Like x 1
  4. creepingdeath1971

just found some info and it's my antivirus at fault (found the file in quarantine!), still not sure why I have access issues with the directory but I've added the required file to exceptions, hopefully that'll sort it out.

5. Lukkes

Lukkes New Member

yes, I use Avast. Glad my post helped. Did the exception work?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. creepingdeath1971

So far it has fingers crossed!! :) At least I know where the file disappears to!

• Like Like x 1