Keyboard Camera Controls

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stephen Crofts, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I play on ps5, but making an Arduino controller for it, so I wanted to dig into some PC wisdom
    Are there any keyboard controls for panning and tilting the camera in addition to using a mouse?
    I've got all the keys for moving your character, or moving the camera in the x,y and z axis. Its the pan and tilt and yaw I'm stumped on.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

There are camera keys on PC and they are 2,3 and 8. the 2 key gives a view around the lead loco, 3 can be used to get to the back of your train, or what I have found helpful is can used a conductor mode camera. and last the 8 key gives you the ability to fly to where ever you want.

3. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Pressing 2 twice gets you to the back of the train, anchored to the last car at a fixed distance. 3 is the "boom camera" where you can change the distance and position, but it will still move with the train.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's not fixed in mode 2. You can use the arrow keys or the mouse to move the camera around and in or out

5. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

I actually tested that before posting my comment just to make sure I wasn't writing BS. At least on my setup: no, 2 is at a fixed distance (except for the mousewheel zoom), 3 is the one where you can move the camera around.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, I’ve set myself up with buttons to select which camera type I want now.
    And I can move it by mapping the arrow buttons, but can’t turn around. Any key bind for that at all?
    Thanks in advance.

btw, quick view of what I’m building. I’m not into perfection as such so it’s not a looker, but so far it’s serving me well.

Attached Files:

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So did I.
    On my setup (full PC with full keyboard, didn't check on laptop) the left and right arrow keys rotate around the centre, up key moves inwards, down key moves backwards. Mouse gives up down and rotation, mousewheel zooms, but doesn't move the camera in or out

8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Great job Steven.
    Keep us updated as to how you get on.
    Sadly I have neither the ability or time to build my own and get increasingly frustrated with the raildriver.
    Hate it’s american throttle and must see if I can use my thrustmaster throttle instead.

• Like Like x 1