Keyboard Shortcut

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickglanf, Oct 27, 2018.

1. nickglanf

nickglanf New Member

I would like to know which keyboard shortcut you use to leave the cab on to the station platform. while the train is stationary . I have been watching some live streams. Just looks great too watch and to drive the train
    away from the station while stood on the station platform.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I believe it is the 8 key will allow you to move around the station

3. nickglanf

nickglanf New Member

Thanks, I will give it a go I have not tried using the 8 key on it’s own . I found out in the manual hitting the 7 key then the 8 key + the pause key to pause the scenario gives you time to zoom in from a great hight .

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The 8 key frees the camera in the current view so if you're in the cab and press 8 on a straight bit of track when in normal view you'll "slide back through the train"
    The 7 key is the "airplane camera" so yes, that does throw you way up.

Be aware that pause locks the camera mode, so if you don't press 8 FIRST then you will be locked in whichever mode you were last in.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Apart from [1] which is Cab View and [5] Passenger view there is [2] for outside the Cab and [3] for the rear of the train.
    [4] Trackside view front of the train as it approaches [7] is a strange overhead view but handy when coupling. [8] is go where you want within a certain distance from the train you are driving.
    Apart from Trackside view [4] you can use the mouse wheel or the + - to zoom in and out of any view.

Peter

6. nickglanf

nickglanf New Member

Thanks for the help and reply’s.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The picture of the Keyboard layout has been removed as some people seem to think it applies to EVERY Item of stock and the say there is a BUG when it does not work.