Kia Ora From The Other Side Of The World

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by dwal1, Sep 23, 2020.

1. dwal1

dwal1 Member

Hello hello. I'm Donald from New Zealand.
    I've been playing TS since way back in the Rail Simulator days, before eventually upgrading to TS2013 a few years later.

Sadly my poor old laptop can't handle TS anymore without suffering pretty severe screen tearing, so I'm sticking to Open Rails/MSTS for now. It has more content from New Zealand than any other game, plus even though the graphics & sounds are not the best, the areas the routes cover are fully recognizable. And the general physics in OR are pretty good compared to a lot of other games.

Outside of gaming I'm currently training to drive the EMU's out of Wellington.
    It's been a lifetime ambition for me to drive them one day, so it's quite unreal at the moment. I'm now 31 years old so it's so good to be finally on the training course after all of these years.

I've actually had an account on here since 2018, but I hardly ever looked at it. That probably won't change much now, but it's good to be a part of the community.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Greetings from the Northern hemisphere and good luck with the training. There are a few real train drivers here some in training on furlough and some retired.
    Perhaps there should be a dedicated thread here for RW drivers. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Welcome dwal1, good luck with your training! Do like New Zealand steam like the Ka's and Ja's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dwal1

dwal1 Member

Cheers Jamie. I am a fan of particularly the Ka's. Their raw power is amazing to behold. You may be aware that route I messaged you about will have models of a Kb (a more powerful cousin of the Ka's), and a Ja coming to the route in loco packs sometime after the route is 'eventually' released.