Kootenay Valley Railway Or Kvr Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by robski, Sep 7, 2020.

1. robski

robski Member

Hi all,
    The other day I was watching some train videos on YouTube and with the magic of YouTube suggestions, I came across this video: Feel free to check it out if you have 3 hours of spare time :D. Or if you don't want to watch the whole thing take a look or better say listen to the horn at 1:31:15.
    And you can see what the trains consist looks like at the very end of the video. We already have versions of the SD 40-2 and GP 38-2, These two loco`s run here often. it`s a 47mile route in BC Canada, running from Trail to Nelson in CP livery.
    You come across some steep grades of up to 3%, so it`s pretty challenging especially with the new physics and winter weather.
    In real life there`s only one train a day running both ways and there is opportunity for switching. Now I know that`s not allot but hear me out, the service mode would maybe have crew change points along the way and a wide variety of switching costumers while there`s one train a day going one way and one the other to keep it realistic.
    The era of this route would change allot considering it was way busyer back in the day.

Hope you agree would love to hear your feedback :cool:
    Best regards Robin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. erickiraly62

erickiraly62 New Member

That would awesome. I've been wanting to make a route from trail to Cranbrook or even Creston, would be great. I grew up in Nelson BC and always watched the trains come thru Nelson. Even to make route towards Kelowna on the old kettle Valley railway grade. Lots of heavy grades and tunnels.

• Like Like x 1