[kwg] Db Br 101 Ai Not Appearing When Spawning On Foot + Lost Ai Train!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Sep 21, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed something really odd on Kassel-Würzburg today after installing the latest batch of PS DLC releases…
    While I have access to a few BR 101 services (less than 10) from the menu, I cannot encounter them on foot. Tried different times of the year, different stations and all that. The IC services are also completely absent from the PIS if you spawn at a station on foot at what would (normally) be the right time to hop on a train and ride as a passenger.

Could someone please take a look, that surely can’t be intended. I’m on PS4, on the lastest patch, about 35 or so DLCs installed.

Edit: There also appears to be an issue with AI service RB5 to Bad Hersfeld, scheduled departure time from Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe Platform 7 is 00:15. However, all three times I’ve spawned at Kassel, the PIS informed me the service had never arrived at the station and accumulated a delay of hundreds of minutes. Don’t know if that’s just a PIS big or if there’s actually a lost AI train somewhere. Please investigate! :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Update: I did some more exploring. Other AI layers (like the 612 at Würzburg station) appear as normal on KWG, and 101 AI appears on its “home” route HRR, so there is apparently an isolated problem preventing the AI 101s on KWG from appearing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Same problem for me on the PS4 aswell. Wanted to take a Night Train as a Passenger from Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe but there was no AI Train and nothing on the PIS.

Another question in that regard, with the Nightjet Trains, you are pulling IC coaches and Autorack Waggons, am I only allowed to do 100kmh then ? (Beacause the loaded Wagons are only allowed to go 100k irl iirc.) Do they use different ones irl ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Correct. Wagons for cars transpor with an intercity or eurocity trains are different in real life. The ones in the game are the LAAERS used on freight trains and as the "name" says they can just run at 100kph Vmax. The ones used with IC and EC coach are called DDM or DDM(letter) and just for a short expletation the difference are: Not a combination of 2 cars splitted in the middle. Wheals and axles are the same of an IC coach so normally, the DDM allow the trains to run up to 160kph with tecnically a "freght" car. So if you want to run it as fictional your vmax is 160

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. fabienlimp95

Thanks for the reply and clarification/ education on this. I think I'll act up like I have those DDMs. Doing this journey with 100km/h feels a bit slow :D

6. fabienlimp95

Is it possible that DTG has given us the possibility to drive the 101 but had not put AI services on due to the performance of the Gen8 ? Would be the first time they did this as far as I know. Would also be interesting to hear from the Gen9 consoleros.

7. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Same here on Gen9, AI is not appearing on my Xbox Series S

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

If you can’t see it on Gen9 as well, I think we can conclude that this is a genuine bug/issue instead of an (unannounced) Gen8 timetable optimization. Tagging JD, Lukas and Joe. Hope we can get this fixed!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

This is still a problem after the latest update.

I think it might have something to do with how they managed to extend the 24-hour timetable. Possibly now there are two "nights" -- one before the daytime services and one after midnight on your selected day. And the services only appear after midnight, but the on-foot selector only allows you to choose the earlier "night" times.

Just a guess, though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Is it possible that they only spawn in certain months? This has been possible since TSW3.

11. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I think there is a general problems with layers on KWG.

When I drive any other train (including the ICE1, ICE3, the 185 or 182 - haven't tested the 155) or spawn on foot, no BR 101 service can be seen even though it should be according to the timetable
    When I drive the 101 (e.g. the Berchtesgaden to Hamburg service), the 182 Dispolok which should be at Fulda Gbf is missing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Any news, has this been fixed by now? Perhaps the developers could at least acknowledge the issue. Seems like everybody is experiencing it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. li150special

No. I tried yesterday after the update, but the situation is still the same.
    Easiest way to check is to spawn on foor in Würzburg at 2.30pm and check the PIS for the IC scheduled at 2.38pm.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I don't know how I've only just seen this, considering I was tagged but you're correct! Those services run between the 24th and 30th hours of the day (00:00 - 06:00, the next day) but I don't think a way of selecting that from the menu was developed. They're still drivable from the service list. :)

• Like Like x 5
  15. li150special

Just watched a video from a German Youtuber playing the IC 2185 from Kassel to Fulda. Lots of traffic, Talent 2 near Kassel. BR 183 at Korle, ICE 3s etc.

I played the same timetable service. Turned off my PS4 after half the route with no (!) traffic. It was an empty route.

PS4, all German DLCs.

Please DTG, you keep on updating, why not this. Empty routes are not why people buy all DLCs.

16. fabienlimp95

(PS4)

Actually i've done this service yesterday and was wondering why there were no services (thought its because of the late running and there just aren't trains coming at that time).

But yes i couldn't see any AI Traffic aswell.

Hope this gets looked into but I'm honestly dont think that will ever happen. Or at least not in the timeframe before TSW4.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I get the usual AI ICEs and the regional trains in or near the stations when I do ICE timetable services (haven’t tried the IC service you guys mentioned, though). But there still seems to be something wrong with the IC trains… you can manually select and drive the services from the main menu, but the trains don’t appear as AI at all. Weird issue, I hope this gets looked into eventually.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Looks like only the PS5 and PC versions works correctly despite the isolated issues on each trains which DTG take long time to fix

19. mareclodaniel

mareclodaniel New Member

I think I'll act up like I have Nox Vidmate VLC those DDMs. Doing this journey with 100km/h feels a bit slow :D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  20. li150special

No offence to the timetable creator who (as always) has done a great job. I am just wondering whether the DTG team has really not yet rolled out the fix to this?

21. li150special

Just in case anyone is wondering, but the problem still persists.

Think I am through with TSW now. Just too many little nagging issues. No offence.

• Like Like x 1
  22. fabienlimp95

I cant really understand that this problem isn't being worked on as it seems to be a 'general problem with the 2 Day cycle'. So sooner or later they'll probably run into similar problems on other routes.

Simply saying "you can still drive it in timetable mode" and then they are done with it isn't acceptable.

But that's what it was all the time, unfinished and bugged content that mostly won't be looked at it again as long as it brought in enough revenue. When they told us that they wanna take time to fix bugs and problems big time, that really was just to create TSW3.

This Forum is full of troubleshooting, yet it seems to be mostly ignored. And im fed up with feeling like a beta tester that paid to be a beta tester.

So my personal conclusion is to ignore content from DTG and hoping that some third parties may create something special and of great quality here and then. Take Niddertalbahn for an example, i didn't regret the purchase one second.

• Like Like x 4
  23. fabienlimp95

I would like to remember that this problem still exists. Would be great if it could looked into after other problems were solved by the latest patch.

As the problem seems to be that the Nightjet Services are done in the 'wrong' day, resulting in an Empty route (no AI trains) as you drive along, also the Nightjet Services do not appear as AI Trains. Could be a rather easy fix, but what do i know.

There is a second Problem, There is one IC Service at night (not sure about the departure time but iirc its between the two NJ Services) that appears to have the wrong lzb info as its held to 160km/h instead of 200km/h. Its a train without the autorack wagons, so it should be good for 200.

Again would be great if this could be looked into.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

The entire line speed drops to 160km/h during night so that freight can run on the line. This night IC service being limited to 160km/h is accurate.

25. fabienlimp95

Okay, i get that, but the fact it is running on a basically empty route doesn't really help here.

And its fairly disappointing that you just ignore the main problem here. I mean, cmon how hard can it be.

Edit: we are all know what you are capable of (especially you Joe being always remembered as the guy who has done that incredible BML Timetable)

But than you got things like this and i cant understand why those things at least wont be look into. It just leaves us sitting disappointed, especially when we all know whats possible.

Its not a game braker, but its frustrating for sure.

26. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Joe has already explained that the line speed drop is realistic. If you want to contest that statement, by all means show some evidence that it is not like this IRL (I'd love to know since I'm not too knowledgeable about this myself), otherwise I don't really get what your point is? That the line speed should be increased unrealistically?

Also the other issue (the main issue of this thread) was already explained as well: the trains route outside of the normal 24 hour window. As far as I know this was done to increase the density of the freight train timetable. Since you complained about the route basically being empty, making the timetable only 24 hours would make it more empty.

I'm not saying that there isn't a solution to the issue, but my guess is that it wouldn't satisfy everyone (as can be seen from recent threads people are very particular about whether a timetable should be increased unrealistically to create more gameplay or not, strong opinions on both sides), and this issue would most likely have to require a core change (so Joe is not really the person you should be accusing of "ignoring the problem", but rather DTG as a whole).

EDIT: Density is the wrong word since the day is extended, rather number of services is increased.

27. fabienlimp95

Firstly. I have not contest Joes comment, i have not said that it is untrue or anything similar. I have made a sarcastic comment that the reason IRL can be true, but is pointless as there are no (AI) Trains that could interfere with this IC Service.

If it is IRL or not isn't something i can answer, im not a train driver. I am a customer. But the reason itself sounds plausible so i can believe it.

Second : i think its slightly questionable that i have to 'defend' myself here. I was the one who has bought a slightly unfinished product and all Im asking for is a fix that could have been done months ago as this is known since September, yet it was ignored other than the answer that those Services are driveable. They are, but driving a 190km route without any other traffic, when there should be a constant row of freight trains coming the other direction, is pretty dull.

I wouldn't be okay if this was my product, but you do you (or on this case DTG)

On the main Problem itself, i dont understand your point at all. Slot these 3 Night services into the first Night would basically mean they are running like intended. There wouldn't be any Service missing or removed as far as i can tell.

The real problem is that this was released again without the needed time to test this. (My assumption)

As Joe is the Timetable Master, I thought it would fall into his competence.

My Goal is not to rude to someone in person, my goal is to criticise TSW and DTG as a Company in the Hopes that they up there game. And i know many more do so.

Like i Said, its not Gamebraking but these Services are nonsense when leave like this.

Joethefish , my apologies if you thought i am criticising you personally, that was absolutely not intended. But be sure that as long as this Game is at the State it is, i will be asking for fixes and criticising. And i have the right to do so.