Lack Of Usable Platforms For Bns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by .battalion., Nov 19, 2022.

1. .battalion.

.battalion. Active Member

Hey y’all, I just want to suggest if we can have multiple platforms that we can drive through for BNS for custom scenario. 2 is not enough at all (platform 8 and 12 I think) (when starting at BNS) and when driving through it, as far as I can see, platform 8 is only available.. Would love to see more usable platforms being used than just 2.

I’d also like to make another suggestion: Allowing us to make BNS our final destination in Custom Scenario, instead of going through BNS or stopping at BNS. It’s a shame, huge station but only little we can do with it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. heliomass

heliomass Member

On the subject of scenario planning, I created a non-stop HST run from New Street to Bromsgrove. But, there didn't seem to be a way to have your train use the fast non-electrified lines between King's Norton and Barnt Green, which is a shame as you receive multiple speed restrictions instead of a fast run. It would be nice to have some more flexibility in this regard as well as being able to fill up the platforms at New Street.

• Like Like x 4
  3. heliomass

heliomass Member

So, after a bit more experimentation with scenario planner, it seems you can use the fast lines, but only if you start or end your service at Kings Norton. Otherwise, your service will end up on the slow lines between there and Barnt Green.

So, I guess this is a feature request to DTG: It would be great if there could be more flexibility in the paths. I definitely want to pretend I'm flying a cross-country service out of New Street towards Bristol with nothing in my way :)

• Like Like x 1