Lag Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by mr.aln663, Dec 5, 2021.

1. mr.aln663

mr.aln663 Member

Good evening everyone. I wanted to ask if anyone could help me with a lag problem I'm experiencing with TS2022. In the most recent routes, or in any case the routes set in urban areas with a high density of objects, the game lags quite a bit, let's say that it does not exceed 10/15 FPS, I have also found this problem on some older routes such as the Hudson Line for example. I start from the assumption that I have already lowered all the graphics settings to the minimum, I have freed a lot of space on the Hard Disk (100 GB of free memory) and I have updated the drivers (Although I had some problems with the update of the latter, so it is likely that some driver is not updated correctly). On my PC I have 16 GB of ram, AMD A12 processor and AMD Radeon R7 Graphics card. Many games that I think are heavier than TS, like Arma 3 run fine without lagging, I don't know why I have this annoying problem with TS

2. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

Is this a laptop with the AMD A12 Radeon combo? Or is this a PC with a separate R7 video card? I ask because most references for the A12 seem to be as a laptop processor which often aren't that high performers and main issue for TS performance is the CPU.

Have you used this machine with TS20xx before? Or is the first time you have setup TS on this machine?

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Reason is the sometimes bad route design. Worst was Portsmouth Direct Line - London Waterloo to Portsmouth. Scenery you would never see from the drivers' perspective is overly detailed. And no seperate cab models, because it is good practice to have a seperate detailed cab model for inside view, and a low poly for the outside views. I remember starting one scenario on this line, the yard full of DMUs and for each one the cab interiors had to be fully rendered which is totally useless. I never played that route again to this day.