Landmarks For München Hbf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sparmi, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm not from Bavaria and don't live in Munich, but I noticed that a very famous landmark of Munich isn't placed, where it supposed to be in reality. It isn't far away from the main station, like the Wembley Stadium from the Bakerloo line and should be visible from here. A simple low poly model should be enough and may be the district Court building with its large roof dome could be placed as well. That's all, otherwise it is a very nicely modeled and detailed route. I made a little collage to show how it looks...

Landmarks München Hbf.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's strange that dtg doesn't put these landmarks in the game espically if it's so close to the line. So much for realistic surroundings

3. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

It potentially that they map a certain area away from the railway? So if it say 500m from the perimeter of the station we dont see it?

4. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Yeah that can be a reason. The dome of the district court is about 500m away from the main station and the two towers from the church are at a distance of 1000m. But if you look to the Bakerloo line and the distances of famous landmarks in London, then they are also in a range of 1000m (Wembley Stadium) up to 1500m (The Shard) away from the route.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They might have had them there, then took them away because of memory issues with that area of the route.

6. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...of course Munich is a big city with a lot of buildings and a very big main station area with many tracks, so sometimes you have to make compromises. That's what we currently see with the PS4 version and its limited layers. But I'm confident that DTG can handle this and add at least the famous "Frauenkirche" with its two towers. You can find them on nearly every post card from Munich. Another reason to add it is, when you drive with an ICE3 towards München Hbf, it immediately catches your eye, because it is right behind it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That would be cool to have

8. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Of course. I'm also a fan of the livestreams and it is always said: give us feedback in the forum and the well-informed community can always deliver well researched things. ;)