PC Latest Update And The 150 Acceleration Is Still Not Fixed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ghawk2005, Dec 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why it is taking SO LONG to fix the acceleration vs throttle physics in rivets 150.

notch 4, 5 6 and 7 literally have NO difference in power or acceleration. What the hell is going on in those offices ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Go complain to rivet about it since they created it and dtg has no power over updating it. Rivet did say after the physics update released a while back they were aware of it and looking at a fix, but they have been focused on other dlc. Right now, they are focused on their new uk route and the enhancement pack. They are also on christmas break, so don't expect them to work on anything until they come back to the office or at all really. Takes over a year to fix something.

3. ghawk2005

I have complained non stop but nothing has been addressed

Ridiculous when AP take less than a week ! Disgusting customer care or after sales service

4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

When the 150 was initially released I didn't find it too bad to drive and I didn't find the sounds too bad, nowhere near the quality of AP in TSC though. However, since their update, I've withdrawn my 150's into the sidings and I don't drive them anymore as the sounds are truly, truly horrendous, the update turned into a downgrade.

Both Rivet and DTG should of got this sorted once for all before releasing any more Rivet DLC

5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The 150 was unfortunately the product of poor research and poor implementation.
    Even more embaressing the fact, the units are running still today.

I guess rivet is aware of that and made a huge jump with the 484, which is really up to a good standard for a tsw dlc. Even ahead of dtgs products with their guard panels.

Well even if the 150 is visually a success, just put it from one grave to another doesnt make it alive i guess.
    I hope Rivet has learned something longterm for the feature.
    Seems they are scared of doing anything with diesel now.

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

rivet have there own forums that you can talk about there stuff on

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

DTG sell it via their Steam Store so presumably have at least some say over quality control. After all, casual users are just going to associate with the game not the individual developer. They should never have signed off on the original or the so called update and just because Rivet got *slightly* better with the 484 (which still leaps from 0 to 5 MPH like their Swiss RhB loco) does not let them off the hook or guarantee their future content will not lapse back to abysmal quality.

8. ghawk2005

The issue is that as mentioned, it was very very poorly researched and even more badly, it has obviously been released in the hope that most people wouldn’t know the unit well enough in real life to be able to tell the difference.

The reality is though, is that a huge population of the community have come from AP packs in TSC and also a big number that have ridden on them all their lives. They’ve been hugely popular in service since the late 80s. It absolutely boggles my mind that rivet openly admitted they hadn’t even been on one. This in itself is unforgivable. This release should have been BETTER than AP as their product was release well over 5-6 years ago if I remember rightly? Instead, it doesn’t even come close to the quality let alone equal.

Many of us have paid £25 for a very very poor sub-standard product that is not ‘true to life’ as it claims on the sales page. I realise no DLC is perfect but there has to be some form of realism. As others have described it ‘ truly truly horrendous;

Those who are defending this product and saying stuff like ‘ drives and sounds fine to me ‘ clearly have no concept of the real life examples what so ever.

I have said it before. I will not be spending another penny on rivet until this is totally rebuilt by DTG or someone other than Rivet because they just don’t have the skills or passion for it.

• Like Like x 3