Layering Issues On Skw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by li150special, Oct 7, 2022.

1. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I think this has been discussed alrady with regard to the BR 101 not appeaing as an AI train, but I think that there is a more profound issue and I would love if the DTG team gets this fixed, because it would make SKW so much more enjoyable .

When spawning on foot, neither the BR 101 nor the BR 182 is visible as AI train.
    When spawning in an ICE1 or ICE3, the same is true neither the BR 101 nor the BR 182 is visible as AI train..
    When spawning in a BR 182, the BR 101 is not visible as an AI train and vice versa.

This is true in cases where the respective locos/trains should be there according to the timetable. So there seems to be an issue with including all layers in AI.

• Like Like x 1
  2. li150special

Sorry, fogot the specs: PS4 TSW3 standard edition, all German content owned and downloaded.

• Like Like x 1
  3. li150special

ONe more thing. Took the ICE3 departing from Kassel at 9.12. There was a Dosto coming up just after leaving Kassel and an ICE1 just a bit thereafter.
    Both AI trains showed up on the map but they were not visible.

Tried different times with different weather to rule out it was a momentary GPU overload or similar, but could not manage to make the trains appear.

PS4, all German DLCs.

Please DTG, solve this AI thing. The more trains crossing, the more fun the game is.

4. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Oh well that explains why I was surprised to notice the 101 has services on KWG, considering in multiple runs I had never seen one one go by as an AI even though I was pretty sure I would have passed one at certain times. They just aren't appearing. (PS5 btw)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. li150special

Yes, it is a pity.

That would upgrade SKW so much, seeing IC services as well as ICEs as well as freight services and IC/ICE together early morning or late evening..

6. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Out of interest, is this a PS4/5 thing? I am on PC and seem to pass them as AI trains quite regularly…

• Like Like x 1
  7. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I am PS5, but II just tested all the 101 service times spawn on foot to see if they appear.

Oddly some do, some don’t:

1. IC2185 spawn on foot in Kassel at 9am and it’s there as it should be.

2. IC2083 spawn on foot in Kassel at 10:05 and it’s there as it should be.

3. IC2082 spawned on foot at Wurzburg at 14:35 and it arrived as it should at 14:40.

4. NJ491 spawn on foot in Kassel at 00:10 and it never appears when it should be there by 00:13. Also it isn’t appearing on station PIS screens.

5. IC60401 spawn on foot at Kassel 02:05. No train there like it should be. Isn’t appearing on any station PIS.

6. NJ490 spawn on foot 02:45 at Wurzburg. No train there where it should be. Nothing on PIS to reference it.

Seems like the theme is the daylight 101 trains appear on AI as they should but night time things go wrong.

As for the 182 I haven’t looked at any of those.

Based on my above info my question here is are you seeing them in daytime only?

Probably something DTG Lukas might want to know about? (If not already aware)

• Like Like x 1
  8. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

No, I also see the NJ pass me while on fright services. Just seen one while driving service 43165 (part 2). I was in a 182 Dispolok and not spawned by foot, but taken back up from a saved game (Service 43165 part 1). Dont know if all that matters, just in case...

EDIT: However, I seem to notice strange things happening to services with the 182 Dispolok. For example, when I try to load 41139 part 2, I always spawn by foot into Rohrbach (where the train is supposed to leave), approx half an hour before departure. When I have pre-selected the 182 Dispo, there is no train waiting. When I pre-select the 185 KWG, the train sits there (I am still spawning on foot, though). While I was thinking about this, I am actually not sure I have ever encountered an AI 182 Dispo. Ill try to look out for them...

EDIT #2: Just seen a Dispo 182 as AI train. So, that is not it...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

My guess is, that as we know, the KWG-timetable spawns more than one day, that you spawn the "wrong day" for these services to be visible.

• Like Like x 1
  10. li150special

That seems to be a plausible explanation. It is a bit strange that the phenomenon exists only on PS4. Still, the day starting not at 0.00 and ending not at 24.00 might have something to do with it.

Just drove the Leerzug ICE 3 from Burgsinn to Würzburg. Looking at the timetable, I should have crossed two freight trains going north. But there was none. Zero. Not visible and not on the map. Checked several times.

So please DTG fix this. I will certainly move to PS5 if possible but right now it is still hard to get those machines here.

11. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

So today I decided to run that exact service and see if the 101s spawned as intended. PS5 and using Dispolok 182.

So I picked service 43165 part 1. Started in Kassel and drove it to Langenschwarz, where it tells you to stop in a siding and wait (the service ends and becomes 43165 part 2). Then you wait approx 45 min before you get a green signal and can continue.

While I was waiting I watched the map back at Kassel waiting to see if IC60401 shows up. Sure enough right on schedule it seems to have appeared through the portal, stopped at Kassel and continued to Wurzburg.

Then at 02:45 I again looked at the map for Wurzburg to see if NJ490 shows up. And yep, right on time at 02:45 a consist that was obviously IC + car carriers arrived and stopped at Wurzburg.

I am currently still playing the service and haven’t actually seen either train yet. The IC is right behind me and the NJ should be heading toward me soon. But I am expecting they will appear as intended when I meet them.

So long story short it seems like on PS5 at least the trains DO spawn as AI services when you are driving a different train, but it’s just the spawn on foot where you don’t see them (likely due to the way the overnight timetable is set up as someone pointed out).

Edit: I can confirm that eventually I did pass NJ490 and it was there as intended, 101 with IC coaches and car wagons.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. li150special

Hi there. Could someone from DTG please let us know whether this issue is being addressed on PS4? Thank you DTG JD DTG Lukas. :)