Layers Between Northern Trans Pennine And Tees Valley Line.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Nov 20, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Tees Valley and Northern Trans Pennine are 2 route in the same Decade, but slightly different parts of it, but that doesnt mean Layers cant exist between them, so yes whilst TVL and NTP Take place in the end of the 80s and early 80s I think some layers can be Plausible let me suggest some,

Lets start with NTP which IMO Could potentially benefit from TVL Layers,

Lets get the Elephant out of the room now The Class 31 can bring Cement trains along with Substituting on Trans Pennine Express Trains, and whilst I was double checking that fact I Found out Deltics on occasions from 1979 onwards could be seen on a TPE Train the more you know,

To cover the rest, Freight on NTP is Bland, Oil Trains got boring quick and Box Van services are Basically non existent, which is why I think Layers from TVL Bringing some of its Freight to the Route can really add something new to the Freight experience on this route, of course the 37 and 20 can come along too, the 37s could at dovetail's choosing also be seen on TPE Trains although it could be a rare chance, to supplement these i would like to see more Shunting added, Huddersfield yard does feel a little unused so it could be a little hub for these trains.

To Finish this section off the TVL Class 101 could be layered in for 3 Car DMU Trains, the Destination board has Destinations for Leeds Huddersfield and Manchester Victoria on it so it shouldnt be a big issue.

Thats What TVL Could bring to NTP, now lets see what NTP Could bring to TVL,

I Dont think NTP Could bring as many Layers to TVL but I think there is some Potential like, The use of The BR Class 40/45/47, yea the 40s were withdrawn by this time but its a Nice loco I wont leave them out,

Oil Trains could possibly also be seen here,

AI Loco Hauled passenger Trains at Darlington could be seen along the ECML,

as I Said not much but it could add a bit more to TVL,

and thats it, of course you can Disagree thats your opinion and I can see why, but I think these Layers can make these 2 Fantastic routes even better, Please consider it dovetail im heading out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. argh.bailey

argh.bailey Active Member

I've also thought this, would be great to see even if it isn't 100% accurate.

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Some great ideas to improve both routes.

4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Totally agree your suggestion. It would make sense DTG adds new layers with the preservation update (also the empty manchester and leeds needs to get busier):

Here a picture taken at Huddersfield in 1985, i guess the 20s and 31 were rare seen on passenger service over the pennines, probably due their lack of power. But they could add more freight layers or Rescue layers.
    Huddersfield 1985.jpg

This one is from Thornaby in 1990, my suggestion would be to create a Class 56 Grid loco addon. Would fit perfect in the Teesvalley
    Thornaby TMD 1990.jpg

Finally my hope is, DTG implements a livery manager for Scenario Planner 2.0. With different eras its necessary to manage the liveries for the different routes. And i totally support a market place (payware) just for liveries. So a Class 20 BR blue would be like 5 Euro, because i usually dont want spend time on creating liveries.
    People want do this, of course still can create and share them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I have previously suggested the introduction of livery dlc packs for those of us who don't have the time to create liveries using the designer. I would gladly pay to have more variety in my collection.

• Like Like x 1