Euro Fishing Le Lac Dor - Lost Boss Fish

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by AronC92, Mar 3, 2018.

1. AronC92

AronC92 New Member

So had my Rods out around 70Yards. Picked up a bite that took me out 230Yards and around the island until eventually it snapped.

Got an achievement for losing my first Boss fish on the lake but was frustrated.

Is this Normal? A glitch? Or just maybe i need stronger tackle, anyone else had this yet. I was willing to bide my time but the fish was steaming around that island, couldnt gain any line back whatsoever.

2. Ixhuntxpandas

Ixhuntxpandas New Member

I've had this happen too on the 25lb line (previously strongest). I noticed now there is a 30lb line, so I'm going to try that out to see if it helps. Also I have previously caught 100lb catfish on the 25lb line, but something has broken my line at 230 yards more than once now.

3. AronC92

AronC92 New Member

Makes sense, i was using 25lb line.

The worst is the Achievment for losing a boss fish, makes it far more frustrating

4. JOKER1983kht

JOKER1983kht New Member

Ive found no matter what set up you have on, if you hook into a big boss and it takes off then theres no stopping it no matter what, even with the strongest tackle.

5. harold

harold Active Member

ive hooked 82 lb catfish on 30lb braid took 50 mins real time to land you need to knock clutch setting down to about 32 try in the side caught most big cat fish the peg thats in the bay top left when you spawn always see tail come out of water the pegs of the board were 4 can fish under cast there 10 am setting with fine weather best this lake is manic as close to bank you can fish try silt rigs

6. tracko644

tracko644 Member

As far as I know there’s only 230yrds of line on the reel so if you do hook a big one it helps if you hook him closer too you so you have more time to tire it out before it reaches the reel limit. For example, if you’re already playing a fish & one your other rods goes off but you are still fighting the one you have on the other fish ends up getting to far away for you to get it before it reaches 230yrds