PlayStation Leeds Platform 3

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by AGoodJudge, Nov 15, 2020.

1. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Quite a few of the Class 101 journeys from Leeds-Manchester depart from Leeds platform 3. This platform is problematic in the game, as if you're not using the HUD, the signal at the end of platform is partially invisible. The main signal is fine, but the shunting signal next to it is completely obscured by the station roof and can't be seen unless you're less than 5 feet away from it. Hopefully it wasn't like that in real life.

Try the 0849 Leeds-Manchester service as an example. The main signal at the end of platform 3 is on red and stays that way forever, but at departure time (0850 and 30 seconds) the shunting lights illuminate. You can't see them unless you draw right up to the red starting signal, which no self-respecting driver would do.

The reason the signal is showing "red + permission to pass for shunting" is that there is a Leeds-bound loco approaching, so the class 101 we're driving will have to stop at the signal gantry a few hundred yards down the line, and the gantry signal won't turn green until 0853. The sequence of signals is signal at end of platform 3, ground signal, then gantry signal.

One solution would be to chop off part of the station roof, but wouldn't it be better to signal correctly and avoid the problem? If the gantry signal is on red, wouldn't the signal at the end of platform 3 be showing yellow (or even green), the ground-level signal showing yellow, and the gantry signal showing red? Isn't that how it would work in real life?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I have tried this scenario but unfortunately I do not understand your problem. I can see the dwarf signal very well.
    3.jpg 4.jpg

Even without zoom i can't miss it.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

These screenshots were made on PC, but I can't imagine that the PS4 version is different.
    Or is it? If you like, please show me a PS4 example.

3. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

One can only assume the OP means if he creeps forward you cant see it?