Left Stick And Right Stick Sensitivity

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cptainnevica#6145, Oct 19, 2021.

1. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I may be the only person to suffer from this issue but I find (Playstation 4 & 5) right stick sensitivity level 1 far too sensitive for my (ageing) motor skills. I have to constantly nudge the right stick in order to position the curser correctly. By the time I’ve managed to get, for example, the ‘Control Key In’ and set ‘Control Switch On’ when driving the Bakerloo line, I’ve already fallen so far behind the timetable schedule there is no chance to run a service on time. Is there any possibility that some less sensitive levels could be added to the ‘Controls’ option in ‘Settings’?

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No it’s definitely too sensitive. I struggle to select things accurately. It’s the same on Xbox. Matt has said they’re working on something to alleviate it.

3. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I'd quite like a "snap to" option for control hotspots. I too am getting old, and I also spend a bit of time playing on Remote Play, which in turn makes the control a little harder.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

It's very fiddly. And the reason for many voices calling for mouse support for consoles.
    I like the idea of a snap-to feature.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I struggle with the sensitivity as well. For me a snap to option would be the best, or at least some sort of variable movement where it starts of moving slowly for fine adjustments, but if you hold it, it starts moving quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I think Matt has been talking previously about adding controller stick acceleration

Basically acceleration is used to increase accuracy of sticks by gradually increasing camera speed the longer you hold the stick.

Considering the type of game TSW is in needing high accuracy input and how long the game has been available on console, its a controller feature that should have been added long ago (my hopes for having haptic feedback on the PS5 weeps thinking about how long that will take)

• Like Like x 3
  7. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I to have problems getting to put the pointer where i need it

• Like Like x 1
  8. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Me too! I thought it was just my age… sometimes my language is very bad when the problem persists!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

In July 2020 I suffered what was at the time a serious health condition, brought on I subsequently learnt from covid.
    Amongst other things I lost all my motor skills and basically had to relearn everything from basic. TSW played a large part in this as it allowed me to practice those skills.
    I noted at the time (can't recall before) that the cursor seemed over sensitive however, I saw this as my problem and one I had to overcome. I've continued in the belief that it's my issue so it's a pleasant shock to discover I'm not the only one playing in boxing gloves!
    I've possibly placed to much emphasis on getting it exactly right as I didn't seem to have any issues with other games.
    Basically thanks, it's good to know I'm not the only cack-handed old git!

• Like Like x 3
  10. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Join the rest of us old gits on here ;) Victor Meldrew has nothing on me :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t believe it!