Legends Of The Great Western Railroad(senario Pack)poll.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Mar 8, 2021.

?
  1. Big Success

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Medium Success

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Small Success

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. DEAD on Arrival

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  5. I don't want to judge until it's been out 30 days

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Only someone who buys it can truly judge it's value.

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

How would rate this GWR Diesel Legends add on pack chances of success?

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It will be a big success. It may not seem it now from all the negative responses on the forum but it will sell like hot cakes. It’ll keep selling for many years to come and everyone will be extremely happy. Some people who buy it will keep quiet about it so as not to appear that they have dared support buying a loco twice, but they’ll be happily chugging along up and down the route with big smiles on their faces, like all fans of old British trains always have. At only £15 too, the price of a cheap day return from your home station to the station six miles up the road, and a much more comfortable seat than you would ever get on a real train, your very own sofa, or heaven forbid a gaming chair. Mug of Yorkshire tea in one hand, the controls of a Class 52 in the other, and a pipe or cigar in the other, it’ll be bliss. Don’t smoke kids, that third hand is for grown ups only.

• Like Like x 4
  3. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

To be honest, even though I'm not going to buy it till its on sale, I can also see it being quite a big success as I know for a fact there will be people out there who are probably saying to themselves "well, its not the most realistic thing ever but I want the trains". Heck, I even think some people on these forums who were complaining (not naming anyone) may just give in and buy it because well, its the trains that count (and the new timetable).

• Like Like x 1
  4. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

ill buy it because the option to create the liveries on the 101, 08, 52 (and possibly the Mk1/2 Carridges)

• Like Like x 1
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I suspect it will do quite well, which I hope it does although I won't be purchasing it. The only downside I can see from it doing well is that it will give carte-blanche to DTG for shoehorning the class 101 into a pack/route at every available opportunity and that they will continue to blase about the accuracy of any pack which portrays anything pre-2015!

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It will do well, I think. I took a drive on the HST yesterday, and while the route is still solid, it's looking a bit dull and long in the tooth. It needs freshening up with different trains and some new services. The addition of freight will be welcome, although I think they missed a great opportunity by not including it at launch. If they had, I think the pack would have sold like hot cakes.

• Like Like x 1