Let's Speculate What Will Be On June's Road Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MAX1319, Jun 2, 2023.

1. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

It’s Friday…..It has been really quiet the last few weeks. Let's speculate what will be on next week’s road map.
    Any new routes? New locos? the 700 launch date? Glossop line launch date?NYT timetable? MML patch date?other patches?. What are you excited?

• Like Like x 1
  2. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Probably the big summer release which I guess will be 3 routes (hopefully some that actually have new trains).

• Like Like x 3
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to finding out what uk routes Just Trains and Alan Thompson are developing. Maybe June is a little early for some news yet. I think the three route summer issue may be somtime away as TSW3 wasn’t released until September 2022.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I’m patiently waiting for the arrival of the NYT much needed timetable update. Hopefully it comes with a patch to fix the issues…. C6C7CE2B-12D7-40AF-B3D0-E61B70C79510.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll do 3 new routes for a summer release again. Didn't go so well when they last tried that with Rush Hour, had to delay a few releases because they couldn't do it in time.

6. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

They’ve done it every year for what 3 or 4 years now? I can’t imagine them not doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Class 43 update I would expect to be on the next roadmap, they said it was planned for release in May but I guess it got put back.

8. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Notice in there roadmap plan for Tuesday they said 'upcoming routes' certainly sounds interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

We could finally find out what's happening with Just trains first TSW3 route or maybe it could be some bug fixes. For bug fixes maybe fixing all rolling stock that have seats we can't sit in.

10. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

I don't need three new routes this summer, I just need fixes, fixes, fixes!

• Like Like x 26
  11. archline

archline Active Member

I feel that 'upcoming routes' is to announce the release date of Glossop Line, and to announce the specific content of JT's new route. But I am not sure whether DTG will share the summer game update, after all, every summer DTG will always bring some new changes to the game, whether it is game content or game functions.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They always say that for roadmap updates. Upcoming content, upcoming fixes, upcoming routes and loco dlcs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The mess with rush hour has to do with announcing too early and being too ambitious which is why certain decisions are made to not make the same mistakes. I don't think they'll have the same issue again since back then, it was a big headache.

• Like Like x 4
  14. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

1 - Timeline for NYT timetable
    2 - Timeline for Oakville / Baby Bullet timetable
    3 - Timeline for impossible gold fix

That's what I'm hoping for

• Like Like x 1
  15. MarkCovz4761

MarkCovz4761 Well-Known Member

I think some are on holiday that's why it's been really quiet I look forward to the roadmap to see what's upcoming

16. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

My predictions for June roadmap are:
    - New UK, US, DE routes with code only, no name announcement - this would be the summer release
    - Announcement and new info about the route from JT, maybe another 3rd party
    - We are working on fixes, they are still undergoing testing
    - Nothing new regarding TSW2 fixes

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Pleased to hear the roadmap is next week. There was talk about putting June’s back a week. Looking forward to the next release and to what is planned for the future.

18. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

It will certainly be a more leisurely roadmap and stream as usually major summer releases are not announced until July/August. There will be lots of patch infos and 3rd party news as many are waiting for it. The launch date of the Glossop Line will also be announced for June.
    So everything in TSW is about UK content at the moment, there will certainly be some news about the German loco DLC. Not to forget our friends from the US, who haven't had any new content since February, with the exception of the SD70 BNSF version.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Personally, I WANT to see a large update for Modern US freight content to bring them all up to the same standards, so we don't have issues with brakes or DPUs, and make them more compatible with each other.

What will PROBABLY happen is they put a new US route on the roadmap that will probably be subpar.

• Like Like x 8
  20. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I suspect we will have confirmation of an imminent release of the Hadfield line and finally confirmation of what the JT route is.

I do think there will be announcements of three new routes (some kind of summer release) but not sure what sort of theme I imagine the next US route will be freight but who knows. We haven't had a "modern" German route for a while either so I suspect one of those will be on the road map.

I think we might (if we are lucky) hear some kind of proposals for a pack for Peak Forest.

.....and I think TSW4 will be announced (joking)!

• Like Like x 4
  21. 1dart Mart

1dart Mart Well-Known Member

:love::love:
    Did someone mention TSW4 again?:love:

• Like Like x 1
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

:o:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

No tsw2 news yet again. XD

• Like Like x 2
  24. flirt745

flirt745 Active Member

I reckon more news about the new Hadfield route will be on the roadmap next week. Hopefully they will also be some more information about the Class 700 being developed for TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I predict the use of a hard to read font being used in the summary picture. It may look fine on the designer’s huge screen and be readable on a full desktop computer monitor but for those of us who use smaller laptops, tablets or phones for consuming web pages etc because that is how the real world works and who maybe don’t have the eyes of a teenager we will be squinting trying to read it in that format and once again tune into the live stream to point that out in the live chat when they show it on the screen in an attempt for them to change it to a normal font like the one I’m typing in now. Call it an accessibility issue and DTG say they are hot on that but their actions don’t always follow. Readable fonts please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There may be something new from Rivet Games added to the roadmap, it's been a good few months since we've heard anything from them. Another Swiss route again perhaps? The Lake Constance route or the Bernina line from TSC quite takes my fancy...

• Like Like x 3
  27. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

Next week is looking great. It’s also Summer Games Fest on Thursday so I wonder if we will see anything there TSW related ??. Focus are attending. Fingers crossed.

28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

They really need to announce the imminent release of a bunch of patches and updates, not just for MML ( done by SHG anyway), but for Mainz-Koblenz, NYT, TSW2 routes and locos and anything else that they're waiting for us to forget about.

Our patience has been tested and it came back negative.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 14
  29. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I am really hoping for the NYT patch, LIRR fixes, maybe an add on DLC for Harlem Line, fixes for red signals causing trains to stall, and more performance improvements to reduce stuttering. Hopefully there is an announcement for a new US passenger route

• Like Like x 3
  30. A new US freight route will be announced in July I suspect.

31. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Release may not have been smooth, but those are arguably three of the best routes in the game so I doubt they have any regrets.

• Like Like x 7
  32. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Rush Hour went pretty well in the end all things considered, their initial plans/expectations were just unrealistic.

• Like Like x 6
  33. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Germany Code K loco DR BR132 for RSN
    US possibly the M9 for Harlem & LIRR

• Like Like x 3
  34. well as i knew what would be the case no patches for the routes over the past few months as they did say would happen before the june roadmap so once again dovetail lied to our faces never trust them and to be up front dont care what the roadmap has as im starting to give up on the game

• Like Like x 2
  35. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

US Freight gets no love. Krazy.

36. farLander#3643

farLander#3643 Member

That'd be a good excuse to work on the LIRR signalling/timetable, too, like they did with the Acela and Boston Sprinter.

• Like Like x 1
  37. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The main thing I want to see from the June roadmap is what direction the Focus buyout will take the product in. Are we going to see longer routes with more trains, more thoroughly tested and polished with decent after release follow up both patches and extra DLC? Or will we continue with quickfire short routes, one train possibly recycled from previous DLC, released before finished and ready then forgotten about?

Oh and where we are as regards a better scenario editor. Desperately needed.

• Like Like x 13
  38. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Get the game working properly before any additions, otherwise they will be broken too and just add to the many bugs. Hope with the Focus buyout, that DTG will soon fix it completely.

• Like Like x 7
  39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have also got to the point where I’m really not interested in buying any more short routes. I have so much to do with the existing collection, not to mention TSC, Run 8 and all the other stuff that yet another 15 or 20 mile run in TSW holds little interest. Even Peak Forest has started to wane. Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice route and I appreciate the work that went into it, but Chinley to Ambergate or vv, or more usually Matlock, is not that far even on a stopping train. Certainly nothing to get settled in for the long haul like West Highland, Kyle or the Cambrian line.

So as I intimated above, I would rather this be the year when DTG consolidate. Start releasing add on DLC for the existing routes along with overdue fixes (like Clinchfield), maybe seriously investigate the potential to extend existing routes so they give a fuller more satisfying driving experience.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

I hope we finally get confirmation of a patch that would fix most British passenger rolling stock. As there still isn't a patch for not being able to sit in any seats on coaches. It needs to get fix as I think it's now happened to MMl mk3s which is immersive breaking.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Javelin

It won't br the br232 for RSN, code k means it's a dual mode loco, the br132/232 is a diesel loco.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Too right. It must be nearly a year now. I know Jayne mentioned they were working on a fix on the MK3's and working with DTG team, so hopefully this means a fix to the MK2's too

43. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

And we already know that we are getting an 232 as thats already confirmed for over an year now

• Like Like x 1
  44. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I table a motion to have the roadmap font changed to BritishrailDarkNormal font

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  45. Javelin

Yeah I know, I was referring to post about code k being the br232 which it isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  46. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

That is exactly the problem we do have. The pile of problems is not getting smaller, it is getting bigger and bigger. So many things have to be adressed, same loco several times in the game with different features set's alone is still a big problem which needs a solution. All the unsolved TSW2 issues, which I doubt will ever be resolved. And everyone is waiting for fixes since the USA DLC's came out, nothing happened. BRO still not fixed, US add-ons not fixed, Mainz Koblenz not fixed...it is getting worse and worse. I'm the last person who would not like to even pay DTG for some skin packs I can also get for free, IF they would just fix the stuff. But it is not happpening :-( It is so disappointing. I also really do hope thet Focus Interactive does have more of a "long term" interest in TSW like they have with Snow Runner, which is one of the best examples of how it COULD work.

• Like Like x 7
  47. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Dual Mode loco code E Code K multi voltage loco

48. Javelin

Ok but that still rules out this loco being the br232.

49. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

What do you think will be next up for a US route?

50. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I think we may get either Amtrak Pacific Surfliner or New Haven Line as the next US passenger route. For freight, perhaps Norfolk Southern Coal District

• Like Like x 2