Lets Talk About The Future Of The Blueprint Editor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raptorengineer, Nov 10, 2020.

1. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i think it time to look at blueprint editor. now i think it possible to improve and add stuff to blueprint editor with out breaking the game cause it is own little program i think that linked to main game. so here some ideas.

1. 64bit support. TS2021 support 64 bit but i think Blueprint editor dose not. i think if they added 64 bit Blueprint editor they can do a lot.

2. adding lights to lofts and tracks profile. at this time you can't add light object to lofts believe me i tried and it doesn't work. for example if you make street light scenery object and add light object as child object it will will work. but when you add all that to loft object like wall you get the street light but not the object that cast light. so i like to see that added or supported.

3.add tunnel occlusion support for lofts. so when adding tunnel to route you would use tunnel occlusion sound to make inside of tunnel dark and i guess have echo sound as well. but you had to add it peace by peace in game. i would like to see it added to loft as child object or something. that way you can lay the tunnel object down and tunnel occlusion is added. or make new blueprint object like tunnel shadow BP or something.

4.more middle geometry BPID tabs. so right now you can only add one middle geometry BPID object to loft. cause population frequency is linked to that. i think it be cool to re design this area to make it so you can add more middle geometry BPID tabs with it own population frequency number box. much like adding more child object tab to object.

5. customized preview world. i like to see settings for preview worlds where you can add ground texture and improve sky box like you can switch it to sliverlineing 3d cloud sky boxs. and you can save settings as well.

that all i have for now.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I wish this was a thing in-game it baffles me that it isn't, I mean if I add a tunnel loft or a 3D model bridge why is it such a far reach that I'd actually expect and need shadow, echo/reverb and rain occlusion?

Oh just in case you don't want those three realistic effects we'll add them as a separate entity that you then have to manually place rotate and resize! Makes no sense.